Foxmustangman's Progress Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I'M FINISHED! At least with looks anyways. I finally got my car painted and I love it! Got the hood scoop on there too, and I panted my cowl grill white. I LOVE IT!!! Cobra grill in there too. I'm so happy!

View attachment 327254
View attachment 327255
2324909615_d040c663a0_b.jpg

So I havent really washed it yet. And dont mind the pony wheels with missing centercaps, I'm switching back to my GT500's tomorrow!

Well, did a few things to my engine. I actually did this about a week ago, but was just too lazy to say something about it. Painted the manifold black. I like it all black instead of leaving the plate silver. I also put on my Equal Length headers. I got 'em off of craigslist so when I got them I didn't realise that they were a 3" header...which led to some custom fabrication which then led to a nasty exhaust leak. Anywho, here's some pics and a vid.

oh yeah. the hose you see in this pic next to the intake is for the functionality of my hood scoop. I just hadn't finished hooking it up when I took this picture. I would've rather had the filter inside the fender, but for now have not found a way to have it in the fender AND have the hose hooked up to it as well. Does the hood scoop work now? I dont Know. Do I care? Not really. But at least i can say its functional.
3421676934_28db4bb150_b.jpg

View attachment 263008
[Exhaust leak Vid]
YouTube - 5.0 Mustang Idle/Rev clip

that dryer hose isnt going to do anything for you at all, epsecially with an open air filter. box the filter in and have smooth tubing go from the scoop to the filter. Ideally you want the filter under the scoop. right now you are just sucking hot air....

Do you drive in the rain? If your scoop is open wont water come pouring into the dryer duct you have, and could possibly make its way into the intake?

I took that into consideration. I have a small hole in the bottom of my scoop "reciever", and made a small slice in the bottom of the pipe for water to drain out if its gotten into the pipe.

Yeah it looks like header heat might do away with that hose sooner or later.

I'm not sure if that hose is worth anything, I would think that 90% of the air going to the engine is coming from the sides of the air filter. :shrug: