Foxmustangman's Progress Thread

^lol. Yup. The trim, drivers side fender, and hood scoop are all slightly lighter. Fresh Oxford white doesn't exaclty match 18 year old faded Oxford White. Most of the time you can't tell, but in some pictures the difference is really annoying.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, So the 'functional' hood scoop really didn't go through, so I just scrapped the idea. For now it just cools the engine down, which is fine with me.

Onto the real news, I finished my dashboard and drivers side door panel. All I need to do to finish now is the back seat panels, dye the carpet black, and recover my seats.
3587103954_54d095b497_b.jpg

^I can't seem to get my computer back into the wall of the car! :notnice:
3586297111_97a3b34ce0_b.jpg

I'd heard that someone painted their carpet and it turned out fine. I just really don't want to dissasemble that ratchet shifter to get the carpet out. I think I'll try it and if it doesn't work out (which it probably wont) then I'll just buy some new carpet.

But seriously no one likes the new interior over the old?:
3590698282_30e1377a94_b.jpg

3589888247_080279caf5_b.jpg

I'd heard that someone painted their carpet and it turned out fine. I just really don't want to dissasemble that ratchet shifter to get the carpet out. I think I'll try it and if it doesn't work out (which it probably wont) then I'll just buy some new carpet.

Wait, so you're going to "paint" the carpet while it's in the car? :nonono:

Disassembling the ratchet shifter will be the least of it if you swap to a new carpet. The entire center console has to come apart and out, along with the sill plates, kick panels, seats, seat belts etc... not to mention wrestling the old carpet out then cutting all the new holes in the new one. It's not a huge job but it's a tedious PITA for sure.

Do it right or don't do it at all, that's how me and a lot of the guys on here with the nicest cars work. The proof is in the pudding.

I like your car before you did anything to it. Not diggin the hood scoop thing. Your going with black carpet right?

An the reason your paint is flaking is because of poor adhesion, not because you didn't use primer.

I like the white trim, wheels and hood scoop, but I would do away with the hose however. You WILL NEVER notice a difference other than you having to worry about it all the time. Been there done that. Plus it takes away from the cleanliness of the whole package. Anyways I like the changes.

Yeah, I got rid of that hose. I kept trying to convince myself that it would work, but yeah, it just looked stupid.

Yes, I'm going black carpet, not white.
And, MAC'n89BlckStng, are you talking about the bumper paint? Yeah, it was because of poor adhesion, really poor. I recoated it in just black paint after some cheerleader hit me ( just a few months after i got my car. And of course being a neglegent 15 year old i didn't sand or prime, or use an adhesive promoter. i just wiped it down and sprayed it on. Then a few months after that i painted it white (using just a white rattle can) and then yet again only wiping it down and spraying it. One more time a bit after that using the correct color and the same process which is when it cracked. Since then I have sanded it all down back to the yellow plastic base, used primer and adhesive promoter and now it sticks like a champ. My friend leaned up against it and i freaked thinking he had cracked it, but it holds up fine.