Front Coil Overs?

A5literMan

At least it is lumpy...
5 Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
Illinois
I'm curious if anyone is running front coil overs with Strange Engineering 10way struts. I'm looking at UPR and MM hypercoils right now. Any problems with one or the other? I've heard some negatives about noise,rattles,etc. This is going into my 86 and I'm still 4 lug. I have cc plates,UPR bumpsteer kit,and stock everything else(except Struts and at present eibach springs)

• Sponsors (?)

In my experience, MM's coilover sleeve tolerances are tighter than just about anyone else's, which makes for a quieter install. However, Strange struts seem to be the culprit in many c/c plate/coilover noise complaints no matter whose c/c plates or coilovers you use. Something about the shaft being ever so slightly narrower than other makes.

Reactions: 1 user
In my experience, MM's coilover sleeve tolerances are tighter than just about anyone else's, which makes for a quieter install. However, Strange struts seem to be the culprit in many c/c plate/coilover noise complaints no matter whose c/c plates or coilovers you use. Something about the shaft being ever so slightly narrower than other makes.
Thanks for the info

I run UPR coilovers with strange 10 ways. The UPRs are somewhat noisy, but they perform fine. If I ever do change them out, I will try MM.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
That's a great setup! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need any install help. I check Stangnet every day, and I answer the UPR phone line every night.

Reactions: 1 users