Front Drum to Disc Conversion Questions?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you going to keep it non powered?

If going powered you will need a power booster/brake pedal and a proportioning valve (I think). There might be a few other odds and inns too. I know someone else can chime in and complete the list...

If you keep it non-powered you will need a different master cylinder. I think you will
need new brackets to attach the hoses to the frame. An adapter to make your
stock hard lines attach to the new hose. (one side only)

If you choose power a booster w/master cylinder and new pedal. Also the above mentioned items.

I was going to do the same thing[add disc brakes] after talking to a bunch of old timers, they kinda have me convinced to just add a power booster kit to mine for $225 complete, and I will be stoppin just fine. So what do you guys think, will this be adequite, or should I opt for the disc?

I was going to do the same thing[add disc brakes] after talking to a bunch of old timers, they kinda have me convinced to just add a power booster kit to mine for $225 complete, and I will be stoppin just fine. So what do you guys think, will this be adequite, or should I opt for the disc?

I would opt for disc brakes with a dual master upgrade also. Power drum brakes will stop you, it may just take a little longer. If you do deside to keep the drum brakes, upgrade to a dual master along with the power booster.