Frpp Lifters

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by RangerJoe, Dec 8, 2013.

1. FRPP makes two sets of roller lifters. One is a standard oem replacement. The other is the same, with a few small changes that help obtain an " extra 200-300 rpm".

I want to spin my motor to 6500 rpm with a N71 cam and AFM hi rev springs (450lbs open). Will stock style lifters work, or do I need the higher revving ones?

Don't want to spring for $350 link bars if not necessary.

Joe

2. That's weird, the "increased RPM" lifters were not available when I built my engine. Must be a relatively new thing.

I typically turn my engine to ~6400 with the "regular" OEM lifters without issue. You might talk to a real cam guy about these new lifters...

3. I think the stock ones are good to 6500 without a problem. I've heard of a few turning 6800-7k. But like Nik recommended I'd contact a cam guy or maybe call Anderson themselves

4. I didn't know FRPP was making higher rpm lifters now. I use stock lifters and shift at 6300 rpms. Never had a problem going to 6500 and I have a bigger cam than an N71.

Kurt

5. the NMRA pure street guys have spun stock lifters to 9K... needless to say... they work fine

A5literMan likes this.
  6. Oh, no doubt. I have read a lot on those guys. They make it happen, but there is a lot that goes into that. More than I am willing or able to do. I've also read that they go through those lifters like oil changes.

Anyways, I bought the ones for sale. I think they will work fine for what I need. Appreciate the feedback.

Joe

srtthis likes this.
  7. true but its crazy how much harder 9000+ is on a motor compared to even 8000.

8. Ive used stock lifters and spun them to 7500 a few times. I only did it on the dyno to see where the motor was making peak power. My shift point ended up being at 6800 rpms, and i had probably 50 passes and 3000 street miles like that , and who knows how many miles before i did the cam swap and started spinning it that high. The OEM lifters are great if the cam profile is right.

9. I love high rpm motors. Honestly, 6500rpm worries me a little with the stock block. We will see. It's a 3.25" stroke, 28oz balance. I may look at a higher end balancer before it is all over.

Joe

A5literMan and 85rkyboby like this.
  10. No doubt they are tough. I just wasn't sure how they held up with spring pressure and rpm. Plus, my stockers are approaching 150k miles.

Joe