FRPP MAF and Computer

• Sponsors (?)

bimmertech said:
why not buy a big ass pro-m and buy a junk yard cobra ecm. prolly a little cheaper with a little more room to grow. just my .02

I gotta agree!

I looked at the link but I could not really get much more info other than it was 350 bux.

I'd just do the ProM 80mm.

If the new company still offers it, I'd do it in a shorty and non flange version.

Grady

I was just wonder what u guys thought, b/c i was talkin to my mechanic about doin a H/C/I change. so he talked to the local dyno shop and he said that they recomeded the FRPP MAF. He didnt tell me why, other than it is easier to adjust the setting when u do a dyno tune.

95StangMan said:
I was just wonder what u guys thought, b/c i was talkin to my mechanic about doin a H/C/I change. so he talked to the local dyno shop and he said that they recomeded the FRPP MAF. He didnt tell me why, other than it is easier to adjust the setting when u do a dyno tune.
why not just get a cobra ecm? your stock maf is the same thing as a stock cobra maf. you could always get a c&l and use the stock maf electronics with the cobra ecm. are you just trying to run 24's?

95StangMan said:
i am eventually going to upgrade to 24's. i think i am jus gonna go w/ the Pro-M, and have that recalibrated when i get the 24's.

I may be not understanding everything here but

If you get a ProM maf caled for the 19's you got now. You're gonna have to pay for a recal for larger inj's later.

I did not see heads in your sig.

If that is so, consider these thoughts.

Your not gonna peg the stock maf with what I see in your sig.

You will be too lean with 19's but you can up the pressure for a while until you get larger inj's.

At that time just do the inj's and maf together to save the recal cost. :D

An aftermarket maf caled for 19's is such a waste :nono:

Grady