Fuel injector question

:shrug: Hi all, I have a question regarding fuel injectors, I replaced my stock chunky fuel injectors on my '90 GT with the new skinny all plastick orange Design III disc type. I heard that these injectors are an upgrade because they deliver fuel better. I can feel a bit of a difference.

Since I'm going to be using better flowing heads, intake, and exhaust on my rebuilt engine I'm planning on upgrading my fuel delivery system with 24lb injectors and the question is if I can use the blue all plastic skinny Design III, and what would be the difference between those ones and the fat ones with metal lower body and blue top.

Thank you all, Nick

• Sponsors (?)

it really depends on how far you're planning to go...if you plan to exceed about 300 flywheel hp, then you should probably upgrade to 24lb or you could start taxing the 19lbers. I'm still running the old style 19lbers, and they work fine though. with the mods that are in my sig.

as far as the diff between the old vs the new, I believe the primary difference has to do with spray pattern/atomization and current consumption...in short-more efficient. However, I can't really confirm that. Just keep in mind that if you do choose to change injector sizes, that you will either need to get a MAF "calibrated" for them, or have a tune done.

Of course, tuning would be the best way to go, but if you're still running the stock MAF, then a new bigger MAF would be an improvement :nice:

Thank you guys for your advices like alwys very helpful. I was just wondering about the difference between the two types they bot are 24lb different design. I have two sets of 24lb injectors that came out of three v6 Taurus and was thinkling to install a set along with a 76 C&L MAF calibrated for 24r's and a fuel pressure regulator. Like I said I have the orange skinny design III that came on few 4.6 engines, and my idle behaves better and feel a bit better throttle response plus they look nicer too.

Thank you guys, Nick

I might give it a shot and install the 24lbers and see what happens.

Hi all I still working on find out the possibility of using the 24 lb skinny blue plastic I found this description in the FIVE O Webpage:
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsFORD.asp#foted5b

F5DE-24lb - 0280155715
Fitments: (Rec. Connect)
Ford Cobra 5.0/4.6L V-8
Ford Truck 1988-95 7.5L

Anyone using them with success? I'm planning to use them with a 75mm PMAS MAF.

It looks that the application is the same as the metal body fat injectors with blue top as described next:

0280150947-24lb
"BLUE TOP" Tested Resistence: 14.6 Ohms
These injectors are brand new
units and in pristine condition.

Fitments:
1993-95 Mustang Cobra 5.0
1996-98 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Ford Truck 1988-95 7.5L
*New Ford OEM -
Brand new Bosch fuel injectors
100% Warranty.

Thank you all, Nick