Fuel pressure problem! Help!!!!!1

Built98GT

Oct 17, 2005
OKC
I have a aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator,30lb injectors,a 255 fuel pump and am only getting 24 psi.The shop that built my car told me that i need 38 psi at idle.They cant figure out whats wrong with it and i have no clue.Anyone no what could be causing this.

:shrug: crapola

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I'm confused as to why you have all those fuel upgrades with the mods listed in your sig. Are you running forced induction?

In any case, if you have an adjustable regulator, can't you just turn it up? Are you leaning out at WOT or something? How do you know you need more fuel pressure?

sgarlic said:
I guess I'm confused as to why you have all those fuel upgrades with the mods listed in your sig. Are you running forced induction?

In any case, if you have an adjustable regulator, can't you just turn it up? Are you leaning out at WOT or something? How do you know you need more fuel pressure?[/QUOTE

The fuel pressure regulator is turned up as high as it will go.And yes it leans out when your at WOT.The shop that built my car said I need 38 psi at idle and right now with the regulator as high as it will go im only getting 24 psi .Im thinking the fuel pump has something wrong with it so im getting that checked out tomorrow.

Well, if THEY built it, why not bring it back there and make them fix it? If they "can't figure it out," get your money back.

I'm still confused.. you basically have a forged engine with cams, then a crapload of fuel upgrades.. why the fuel upgrades with no power adder? I guess I'm not grasping the concept of why you'd need more fuel pressure at WOT if you don't have anything requiring that much fuel.

Built98GT said:
I have a aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator,30lb injectors,a 255 fuel pump and am only getting 24 psi.The shop that built my car told me that i need 38 psi at idle.They cant figure out whats wrong with it and i have no clue.Anyone no what could be causing this.

:shrug: crapola
Where did you get a 225lph pump at to fit a 98 gt? i can't find one any where, they always skip 98 when you order parts.Also, are you using the stock fuel press reg? or did you upgrade your fuel line because 98 are cursed when it coes to fuel.