Fuel problem???????

89lxvert34

Dec 10, 2003
chicago
Hey guys, today i was driving home from a friends house when I hammered the throttle and got The RPM's all the way up, but when i let off the gas it it let out a loud a$$ backfire started to really chug and then died out
...So i waited for like a minute and tried to start it up again and it would start up but then die out seconds later.So i finally got it started and was able to get it to my house but when i hammered it again the same thing happenend except this time it was hard as hell to get it to start, it wanted to just keep dieing. but i got it to start cuz i kept giving it gas and i chugged all the way to my house where died in the driveway..Anytime i would Get the RPM's up it would backfire and start to die out.Now i changed out the fuel filter yesterday.And i can hear the fuel pump prime but it just seems that the pump could be shot.I have a 90 5.0 and when i bought it i know the previous owner didn't change it out...Any help would be appreciated..thanx :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like you could be on the right track. check your fuel pressure. check it at higher rpm too, if you get it to run.
check for codes (even if CEL is not on, codes are stored in KAM).

go from there.