Fuel rail fittings

loud 95

May 29, 2003
Milwaukie, OR
Does anybody know what sizes the two female spring lock fittings are on a stock 5.0 fuel rail? I know the two are different sizes, but I am unsure about how they are measured. I can probably figure out the thread sizes, but I am unsure about how the female sides are measured. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

For removing the fuel rails, I bought a tool that had 4 settings on it. It was like c and d or something. Usually if they sell universal tools, it will be the smaller of the two. The bigger one I believe was for the fuel filter at the rear of the car, or maybe it was reverse.... Most of the time, you can just drive your car to an advance auto or the like, and ask to borrow one of the tools, that way you can quick go see what fits without actually popping them off. Oh, and by the way, it'll be a pain in the butt if you've never done that before, but once you've done it, it's easy.

94Blue302GT said:
For removing the fuel rails, I bought a tool that had 4 settings on it. It was like c and d or something. Usually if they sell universal tools, it will be the smaller of the two. The bigger one I believe was for the fuel filter at the rear of the car, or maybe it was reverse.... Most of the time, you can just drive your car to an advance auto or the like, and ask to borrow one of the tools, that way you can quick go see what fits without actually popping them off. Oh, and by the way, it'll be a pain in the butt if you've never done that before, but once you've done it, it's easy.

Yeah, I know how to disconnect the fittings, as well as how to pull the rail. I have done it many times. My question was related the the two female fittings that thread into the rail. Russel and some other companies sell an AN fitting, which is the male side of this assembly, that fits ford fuel rails. Unfortunately, the two female fittings on my fuel rail are different sizes. This begs the question, which fitting will this male AN fitting mate up to? Obviously, it can't fit both.

95cobraguy said:
those 2 fittings in the above post are what u need to use braided line with stock rails. i'm not really sure what else your asking. the pressure line is the bigger one, the return is smaller.

Cool. The reason I ask, is I am needing to extend the stock fuel lines on my bronco II, which now has the 5.0 from my '95GT. The engine makes about 340 hp at the crank, so the stock bronco II lines can feed it fine. I needed to figure out the AN fittings because the bronco II lines are both the size of the smaller connection on the 5.0 rail. One of the lines has a male connector and the other has a female. You guys have given me the info I needed, so now I can order the fittings. Thanks!