Fuel system problem??

This morning while trying to leave for work, i shifted my AOD to drive and when I pressed on the gas, it sputtered and almost died, but when I let off the gas, it reved?? It's never happened before, but after I turned the car off and than re-started it, it worked fine.

Is this a fuel problem, maybe clogged injectors? I just replaced the fuel filter and pump.

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, i've been about 5 more places today and it hasn't done it since. I have noticed that the hesitation when I press the peddle is pretty bad recently. Actualy, it doesn't realy open up until about midway into 2nd gear (AOD).

What the hell is up with my car? Anyone??

I have a simular problem,and I just put in a new fuel filter.I punch it out go through the gears 1st,,,2nd,,,3rd,,,when I hit 95mph,the motor shakes and sputters,when I let go of the gas pedal It revs again!! Im not sure bro :shrug:

But does yours do it at idle, Willy? Mine is fine ideling, and I tap the gas pedal and it sounds like ass and drops below 1000 rpm's. Then, if I try to give it more gas while in reverse, it goes no where and doesn't even rev even with the gas pedal pressed half way down, but as soon as I let my foot off the gas, it revs real high??

Only thing I can think of is something wrong in getting enough fuel to the engine. Only funny thing is it only happened that one instance and is fine now.

In your situation.....man, thats some wacky s***!! Doesn't sound like a fuel problem at all with yours. My old car would shake and shimmy real bad when I hit around 90mph, to the point that my steering wheel shook uncontrolably....came to find out I just needed my tires balanced! Doesn't sound like you though.

I guess when all else fails.........get a crate motor!!! Thats what I'm doin'!!

if you are running lean at cold start up, it will do what you describe. hence the fuel filter suggestion, i believe. i think the filter would cause high rpm (read high demand) problems too.
i would check pressure, ACT and ECT values. a vac leak can also cause some similar problems, esp if in conjunction with the "other" leanness.
water in the gas can do some funny stuff too, BTW.

any codes coming up?
some cars it is just easier to let the idle for a few mins or try revving it a little before heading out.
good luck.