Gasket Disappeared In Motor!!!??? Lol

tomustang said:
if you're losing coolant it's either blowing back out the pressure cap OR getting sucked into a chamber and being blown out the exhaust, check for smoke

I know I have been losing coolant since the install of the motor. What do you think will cause the coolant to blow out the cap?<which I seen it do a lot of times> My car smokes a lot at idel but usually stops. I dynoed the car about a month ago and it was running strong. I was at 304hp and 309tr with just a/c delete and LTs.

• Sponsors (?)

GoBabyVroommm said:
I know I have been losing coolant since the install of the motor. What do you think will cause the coolant to blow out the cap?<which I seen it do a lot of times> My car smokes a lot at idel but usually stops. I dynoed the car about a month ago and it was running strong. I was at 304hp and 309tr with just a/c delete and LTs.
you probably do have a gasket leak, if it gets worse it'll pour smoke out the pipes

I had a race one night. When i pulled up the car died. I got pissed cause i couldn't start it. So i hit the gas down and it started right up. When it started it filled the parking lot full of white smoke. I moved it to the street and it was as if i had a 109 lsa cam in it. It wanted to die and barely moved. It only did that one time. Now it just over heats. That is when we thought it was blow-by.

I checked out the whole motor and i coudn't find one leak on it. I almost had 3 of us have looked the thing over and we can't figure it out. We're trying to start from the little things and work our way to the big things.

GoBabyVroommm said:
I had a race one night. When i pulled up the car died. I got pissed cause i couldn't start it. So i hit the gas down and it started right up. When it started it filled the parking lot full of white smoke. I moved it to the street and it was as if i had a 109 lsa cam in it. It wanted to die and barely moved. It only did that one time. Now it just over heats. That is when we thought it was blow-by.

I checked out the whole motor and i coudn't find one leak on it. I almost had 3 of us have looked the thing over and we can't figure it out. We're trying to start from the little things and work our way to the big things.
you probably had a chamber hydrolocked

Over heating an engine is very bad, so you want to get this issue fixed ASAP. Chances are your losing coolent from the rad or the water pump, it takes very little coolent in a combustion chamber to create smokey white exhaust and if it's going into your oil you'll notice it on the dipstick. You can always have the cooling system pressurized to see if your losing pressure somewhere, [most shops can do this for you, it's similer to a leakdown test only your checking the cooling system not the cylinder]
If your water pump is on it's way out, you'll either have coolent leaking from it [usualy from the weep hole] or it'll be making alot of noise, it won't cause your car to start running warm, unless it's leaking and your low on coolent.
Is the thermostat in correctly?

Great article! If I'm not mistake the hose going to the top of the radiator was warm and the one at the bottom was cold. It maybe a clogged radiator. <not positive>

I just remember i did smell coolant in the car but that can be because it may have been coming out of the over flow. Before all this happened I did lose heat in my car. Before I could fix the heating it started over heating.

Thanx a lot guys for taking the time to help me. My car has been down for about 2 3 weeks trying to figure out the problem. I try to work on it myself and i've been busy with work.

Alright cars fixed. It appears that it was air pockets in the motor. Coolant wasn't traveling through the whole system. I flushed the motor and ran a water hose through the system and fixed the problem. I have no idea how air pockets formed and it sucks that I almost messed up the motor do something like that.

I also installed a auto meter temp gauge. Its tapped right in the block and gives me a great reading. My car is reading from 190-210 depends if i've been hitting it or not. I'm going to have to get my fan to turn on at 180 than 210.

That's why it's always very important to "burp the system" after changing the coolent.
You can flush the system by purchasing a T-fitting that splices into the heater hose and then your garden hose will connect right to it [any auto parts store will have them]. Then just flush away!

tomustang said:
where'd you tap it on the block?

elaborate?

Whats up homie?

Ok this is what I did. I put the autometer temp sensor where the plug went in the block. Once I had the car on the group. I took the hose disconnected the coolant hose on the passanger side of the car from the radiator. Once I did that I put the hose in the over flow and just left it in there. Then I had my friends son give it gas anyway from 1500-2000rpm<holding it> to just push everything threw. I wanted to make sure nothing was stuck and the water pump was working. Once i was done i hooked everything up and the car didn't over heat anymore. It was the weirdest crap I've ever seen.

GoBabyVroommm said:
Whats up homie?

Ok this is what I did. I put the autometer temp sensor where the plug went in the block. Once I had the car on the group. I took the hose disconnected the coolant hose on the passanger side of the car from the radiator. Once I did that I put the hose in the over flow and just left it in there. Then I had my friends son give it gas anyway from 1500-2000rpm<holding it> to just push everything threw. I wanted to make sure nothing was stuck and the water pump was working. Once i was done i hooked everything up and the car didn't over heat anymore. It was the weirdest crap I've ever seen.

i've heard alot of different ways on how to bup the system and all of them were not the same at all

did you get coolant all over from the disconnected rad hose?

tomustang said:

i've heard alot of different ways on how to bup the system and all of them were not the same at all

did you get coolant all over from the disconnected rad hose?

I got some coolant but if you want to flush the whole system you have to take that plug out on the block. Coolant will come out from that hose but no where near the amount from that plug.