Gasket help for Trick Flow Plenum.

HercFE

Jul 4, 2004
Sacramento
Just got my Trick Flow intake plenum in today, it came with the throttle body gasket and some fittings. It says to use some liquid teflon sealer on the fittings, which I couldn't find at the local parts store, wouldn't the white teflon tape work? Also the local parts store didn't have the intake plenum to manifold, IAC, or EGR valve gaskets. I can find the EGR pretty easily on line but I don't know if I'm finding the right gaskets for the plenum or the IAC.
Kragen shows an O-ring type of gasket for the plenum and the only thing I find that sounds right for the IAC is an air bypass valve gasket.

Sound right????
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

if its like my pi there isnt a gasket its just an o-ring, i would just re use it...you should be able to find liquid teflon, but if you cant regular tape would work..

oh and IAC is a regular style gasket..

As said above, you should be able to reuse your gaskets. If not, get replacements from your local Ford parts counter. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Did you get the Trick Flow plenum from Summit for $99? I got it from them last summer, when the price was $143, wish I would have waited.

Post back after you install it, and let us know if it whistles.

Yeah I got the $109 one from Summit, it came with the fittings and new throttle body gasket, which was cheap and ripped already. I'm planning on putting it on in the next couple days and will post the results.
:flag:

HercFE:

Loctite makes some liquid Teflon sealer and AutoZone usually carries it. I would not recommend using a torn gasket anywhere on the intake or you risk a vacuum leak (and all the annoyance that brings).

Chris