Gauge Cluster Trim Rings

jedi_jackson

Sep 22, 2018
Here is a picture of my gauge cluster in my 2001 Bullitt. I haven't torn into the gauges yet, but I'm wondering by the look of these trim rings that they might be glued in. Has anyone else seen this kind or having any experience with them or how to remove them without destroying my gauge faces? They appear to be down on the gauge face.

Attachments

• Bullitt Gauge Cluster.jpg
    Bullitt Gauge Cluster.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 869
  • Sponsors (?)

If I remember correctly, the 2003 and 2004 Mach 1s came from the factory with those trim rings and then they were available in the aftermarket. I believe they just "snapped on" to the edge of each gauge opening. I had once considered adding those to my GT and looked at the process of doing so, but changed my mind as I didn't feel comfortable enough to do what was required.

Reactions: 1 user
Got them out tonight and they are just kinda snapped in on the backside of the lens and gauge housing assembly. Seem to be very nice quality. I believe they are aluminum pieces, definately not plastic. Bummed now that I got them out they seemed to have rubbed the original matte finish of the gauge faces and made them look shiny around the edges in places.