Get a new shortblock?? Any ideas??!!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah dude I played that game before and I lost :nonono: I did everything you said your doing then the first time I hit my new redline (6500 never saw 6k before) POOF needed new bearings. THAT SUCKED! so just do something about it,buy a long block 351w based engine and have a ball, I hate girly little 302 based engines ;). Go big or go home right :D. You'll love the power all over the place kinda engine a 351w is. and no it is dirt cheap to get one in a mustang despite popular opinion. I had mine in with a set of mounts and headers WHOOPY DO! And since your buying new ones anyway get a big motor and be happy. And yes a 351w will fit under as stock hood, fuel injected or not, just buy 88 vert mounts and cut that stupid center brace out from under the hood. Your good to go :nice: providing the long block comes with the right pan and balancer. If not 85 crown vic parts work perfect.

Thats the saddest thing I've heard all day.... You got a problem with my view point prove me wrong or shut it! Tell me that a weak 302 based engine is better than a 351w based engine and how citing specific examples and I will crush you and your silly attitude with dozens of windsor power house engines! Thing is you got nothin so keep it to your self.

I was simply saying that 302 based engines are far from weak. Yes 351 based engines would make more power easier. But have you ever been in a car with a stout 347. Not much girly about it. I shoud drive out to where you live and take you for a drive in my WIMPY 308. You dont have to be so rude. I was simply stating that you made a shallow statement about 302 based engines.

Who is rude? I stated my opinion you said it was stupid. The girly comment was made in gest, a friend of mine has a 302 with a novi 2000 that runs 11.9 but im sure my engine with the m/t et's and the 100 shot (even with my crappy home ported e5's). I base this on my g tech run as I finished the car too late in the season to get it to the track. The run was raunchy at best lol tried to feather the gas but it just burned the tires up anyway through 1st and second ran a 13.1 at 112 (best so far) on the gtech of course so more like 13.1 at 109 would be closer to SIR times with a full street weight of 3400 lbs. And at Regina's crappy altitude. I love windsors they are my favorite (obviously;))
And I think they are the best extra cube deal going! Just rob a 351w crown vic and you've got most of your conversion parts already save for the mounts and headers. I found this out after some considerable research and now that I know better I hate it when ppl say its cheaper to build a 347 than a 351w in mustang because its simply not true.
And hell if you find yourself near here shoot me a pm I'd love to see what you got it's all in good fun.

I was saying that "GIRLY 302 BASED ENGINES" was a shallow statement.
Yes if i am near Sask. I will shoot you a pm and i'll take you for a ride in my low12s-high 11s 308. Its NA and works good. Then we can go for a spin in your 351, cause yes it is all in good fun. Some people (like me) take offence to shallow statements. I understand that you are biased towards 351 based engines and you are for good reason.

FYI---All ford smallblocks excluding the cleveland line are considered WINDSORS.

I would rather run mid 10s in a SCREAMING 331 or a 347 than do it with a 393 or 408. But it all comes down to what melts your butter.

:canflag:

Pure Street has lil 310ci or less based motors going mid 10's, with low compression 10.5:1, I've seen 351W strokers that can't get there ;) Hell my stock internal 302 8.8:1 comp motor went 11.80 on MOTOR

Yes 351W will make a lot of torque, but he stated "BUDGET" in everything he talked about above, swapping and feeding a healthy 351W isn't cheap. Did you noticed he listed Thumper Heads in his sig? They will barely feed a 302 let along a 351W so I say your comments need to be re-evaluated.

Not being a DICK just stating the facts....

latham83- IMO it is best to work with a local builder/machine shop for your engine, it may come in cheaper. If you are interested I can help you with internals depending what you want to do and could even build the motor for you if needed, just not quite sure where you are in relationship to me (York County, PA) Machine work if it needs to be bored, rotating assembly balanced, etc runs around $450-500, then it depends what you want for internals.

ha ha same compresion I have but I bet your heads are better than my home ported e5's and I say its cheaper to throw in a 351w than a stroked 302 but thats my personal experience. I am all about street power so the extra cubes will do it for me, just when I see people talking strokers I like to offer my cheaper solution I bet I could get a 351w together and in a car fuel injected (providing I had the original donor efi parts from the 302 save for lower intake) and have it running at least mid 13's for less than 1000 total. its all about the junkyard and some ingenuity ;). I love budget build ups! And I love the junkyard! And I love TORQUE :D! And yes there are GOBS of 351 strokers that do better than 10's not hard with a possible 400+ cubes. Hell mm&ff is building a 2000hp turbo 427 windsor that will be neat, and next month they will release the dyno numbers from the 200 cc + head groups on the 427 I would expect upwards of 700 + on some n/a combos ;) but those arent street motors and thats not whats in question I believe a 396 would be lots more fun as a street motor than any 302 based stroker combo, just my opinion though. And it would be at least as cheap being as all he would need is a stroker crank that can be had for 400 bux since he already has 302 pistons and the rods that come with whatever 351w would work just fine. Hello torque and according to the numbers I would surmise that even with the (small) thumpers they still flow 200 cfm or close to it which is good for 400 hp on a 351w at less than 6000 rpm.... good fun if you ask me.

I am a fan of junk yards also :canflag:

Got my first bike from a junk yard.
Also found a r302 block in a junk yard 4 years ago and sold it to help get my Mustang....I know that seems like a stupid move but I had no car and a motor. It was in a Junked truck. LUCKY ME. Got 1200 for it. :banana:

It was in New Brunswick. It was in a Ranger that was in a terrible accident a few weeks earlier. The guy that was in the accident broke his back. Dont think he really cared about the truck. It was towed to a junk yard very close to my home. I was there the next day ripping parts out of it. I got a complete 8.8 with 3.55 gears and the block.....everythin else was ruined. The truck was from the USA. He only had it for 3 months I guess. He paid 10,000us for it. It also had a c-4 in it but it was wrecked. It was a beautiful truck. He got the insurance money from it so he didnt care. I dont even think he knew what block it was. I got lucky.

Saint John. Ya does suck about the guy. I dont know him personally. A few of my freinds know his brother. He told them that the truck was wrote off and I was at the junk yard with my tool box :nice:

Did you mean TRURO,NS. I have been there before. It is rinky dink. Saint John is pretty cool though.

ive got an 89 LX wich originally had a 4cyl in it and to keep cost down as low as possible i built a 4.040 bore 3.40 stroke engine netting 349 CID naturally aspirated no power adders ie supercharger etc.........and am produceing in excess of 400 rwhp useing a good old fashioned carb and aftermarket ignition dumping all sensors and factory bugs along with them and good old fashioned tuneing at the local track netting 10.80s with extensive mods to the suspension to hook it up.
so as far as cubic inches go the 302 can be very respectable with a main girdle installed for insurance if pushing 500hp produceing just as much power as a 351W sacrificeing about 10flbs to the big brother.

my combination isnt very friendly on the street, piss pore attitude at the lights but gets thumbs up from other drivers who pull up next to me.........but i dint build it to be a daily driver......custom spec grind cam, and AFR heads & too many mods 2 list, but well worth sacrificeing my streetability 2 me.......if i want mileage i drive my turbo coupe instead!