Got a mechanic job!

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Well my construction job didn't last long. My boss is moving back to Kentucky, so he's not taking anymore jobs, meaning no work for me, lol. But I got a new job already at the Honda car dealership here doing mechanical work. I go in friday to set up my bay, and fill out the forms. It's gonna be sweet!

I think these are warranted:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

People need to have work done on Hondas? I thought they ran forever. :rlaugh:

Seriously, that is great Chris! I hope you have fun with it!

You know how people don't like to bring their work home with them?

Well, please don't bring your work home with you. You won't be wanted here anymore if you do. :D

Congrats man! That's pretty cool.

Joe

Joe's kinda right. I worked at Chevy dealership for awhile and during that time I stopped working on my own stuff. Wrenching after wrenching all day was just not fun. I bought a wave runner and brang it to work everyday and as soon as I punched out off to the ocean for wave jumping. Service tech paid a hellova lot too. I was making $15 and hour back in 1989. Doesn't sound like much today but I got paid by the job not the hour. I was living at home and making $50,000 a year.

Hey JT, I'm actually working at the used lot, so not just Honda's there. On my way out I saw a SWEET 04 Cobra vert sitting in the lot. This lot usually has quite a few nice mustangs and f-bodys. :nice:

Wow Joe, that's good money for 89! My first job I was paid commission for online car inventory at dealership. I actually worked at 7 different dealerships doing their car inventory, including the Honda lot I'm working for now. Anyway, I was getting paid $3.25 per car, that doesn't sound like much. But I was doing between 50 and 60 cars a day on a slow day! I was pulling in over $300 a week working only..... get this.......... 2 days a week! But I couldn't stand the work. My next job I was making $9 an hour as an automotive parts salesman. Then my last job (construction), I was getting paid a measly $60 a day, or roughly $7.50 an hour, and working 3 days a week. So pretty much any pay is gonna be a nice increase to what I was making, lol.

bimmertech said:
welcome to the field. it sucks, go find another job.:banana: :banana:
couldnt have said it better myself...

Its a good learning experience working as a mechanic, but get out as fast as you can. I've been working for my dads friend who is a mechanic so I basically do all the work that he does... It was great at first, but now it completly sucks. There is just way too much chit that can go wrong with something. Could forget to tighten up a bolt and it completly messes up whatever, or you just do the same thing over and over and over and over and gets very old.

Since its a dealer, you'll probably just be getting warrenty work mostly so you wont have to work on some old POS thats leaked oil from day 1 and never cleaned up and all the bolts are rusted in place or they get the heads broken off.

Seriously... go talk to almost any mechanic and they'll probably tell you to stay in school and get out before it's too late. My dad's told me this over and over and so does my boss (both been mechanics for their whole life) It's hard work, pay isnt that great, and you deal with unhappy customers/bosses. Good learning experience, but get out while you can....