got a pm from ryan, he's going DONK!(picage)

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh WHAAAAT?

Rollin in my 5 OH
Rag top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waitin just to say high
Did i stop? NO i just drove by.

:rolleyes:

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

yeah ryan dude, i would have killed to have a Dad, let alone one that was into cars, lol it would have made things a lot easier on my part, and i'd probably have not made half of the lame decisions that i did.

I know someone else who had an 83 v6 GLX Convertible for a first car... I was very happy with it considering I was almost 17 when I finally got a car. :shrug:

It was a POS too. Had a 4,000 stall. Everytime it revved to 4,000 rpm it stalled :(

i got my first 5.0 when i was 16 just got my license. it was a red t top 87 gt i promptly blew a clutch 2 t5s and lost my licence 2 months after getting it. i paid for those mistakes till i was 23. beleive me your dad is doing you a favor, learn how to drive first then you move up to the v8. my dad tried to tell me that but he let me make my own mistakes and iam a better person for it, your dad aint trying to be a dick man he is just trying to help you. the sooner you learn that, the sooner you guys will get along believe me.

What's that old saying/??? "Youth is wasted on the young".How many of you would LOOOOOOOVE to go back to those high school days knowing what you know now?It would be a WHOLE different world.

I know you're getting a whole bunch of different advice and you probably don't care or need more, but it sounds to me like you want a V8 just to have a V8. I can totally understand that, but really there's nothing wrong with your car. Hell, if gas wasn't the way it is I'd love to have an old V6 vert for a DD.

If it were me, I wouldn't spend any money modifying that car. I would just spend money restoring it and keeping it in good running order. Learn how to drive and honestly, the time will fly by and you'll be able to afford a 5.0. I think that car will be worth more if you keep it stock and clean, V6 or not, someone out there wants one. Good luck.

I know you're getting a whole bunch of different advice and you probably don't care or need more, but it sounds to me like you want a V8 just to have a V8. I can totally understand that, but really there's nothing wrong with your car. Hell, if gas wasn't the way it is I'd love to have an old V6 vert for a DD.

If it were me, I wouldn't spend any money modifying that car. I would just spend money restoring it and keeping it in good running order. Learn how to drive and honestly, the time will fly by and you'll be able to afford a 5.0. I think that car will be worth more if you keep it stock and clean, V6 or not, someone out there wants one. Good luck.

I agree man, i got a 5.0 when i was young and that same year got 7 tickets, spent all my money on lawyers, did like 500 hourse city work, and got arrested 2 times cuz i was out hot rodding my car and my buddy spent 16 months in jail for reckless endangerment cuz he whent over some train tracks doing 130 in his coupe lost controll and his a tree...the passenger spent the next few years learning to walk again. Look at the other kids on the block riding their bike till they turn 19 or driving a delta 88, I understand wanting to paint it. I'd just toss a black paint job on the car and keep it as it is, you can sell it just cuz it's a clean good driving "i think so " convirtable, or you can drive it cuz chicks don't care if you have a v8, but they'll love your convirtable with white interior........You should go tell your dad thanks for the help and see what you can do for him...you'll feal better later...I never had a dad.....and i drove a brown mustang...

I put a 5.0 in my car when I was 15 and I still have never gotten a ticket, so Im either more responsible than most or Im just good at not getting caught lol.

I would just repaint that 83 the stock color, if he changes the color he'll have to pull the engine and all the crap in the trunk out to paint it or it will end up looking goofy and half assed.

I put a 5.0 in my car when I was 15 and I still have never gotten a ticket, so Im either more responsible than most or Im just good at not getting caught lol.

I would just repaint that 83 the stock color, if he changes the color he'll have to pull the engine and all the crap in the trunk out to paint it or it will end up looking goofy and half ass ed.

i dont really care, im really dont. all the jams ect will get done. the engine compartment can stay browm. when the engine comes out ill paint it then, till then i dont care how ****ty the engine looks in there. its not like im going to be showing off that fine piece of art.

pretty much...till then im stuck wasting money on this..... which has more problems the farther on a dig but w/e ill fix it.

i want it to have, its the fun factor of know i have what ive always wanted sitting out there. right now i fell like im driving a rice mobile, V6 should of never been put in a Mustang. along with the 4cyl.