Granada Brakes - Low Brake Pedal - Help

Hello Group,
I've done the Granada Disk swap on the front of my '66 Coupe and to stop, the pedal pretty much goes to the floor. Here's some details: Brand new spindles, calipers, rotors from DirectFit Brakes. Summit adjustable proportioning value, brand new master cylinder for a '76 Granada, rear standard drums with new wheel cylinders, drums, shoes, etc. I also tried a reman master cylinder for a '74 Maverick and still, pedal down to the floor. I've adjusted the proportioning value to full front brakes and still pedal to the floor. I've bled the master cylinder multiple times and bled the brakes multiple times. No changes. Need suggestions on what to try next. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What push rod are you using? You might want to invest in getting an adjustable one so you can set the pedal how you like it. Here is one from Mustangs Plus:

Mustang Parts from Mustangs Plus*::*Brakes*::*Push Rods*::*Adjustable Pushrod kit for power boosters and Manual Master Cylinders

That's kind of what I was getting at. If you have a nice feel in the pedal, it seems to me that your problem would be an incorrect length pushrod.

There is another adjustable pushrod that I used for my dual master cylinder conversion on my 63 Fairlane, that cost about 11$ if I remember right. I just had to open up the "D" shaped hole to make it fully round. A few minutes with a dremel was worth saving 47$ to me!
000_00072.jpg

Not sure if it would work in your Mustang, but you might check into it.

pushrod is to short

I did the same thing with my old 66 coupe, these guys are right the push rod is to short now to make it have a good pedal length.
What i did was cut the push rod in half and welded a peice of the same grade metal to both ends and it worked great. Car is still working with the same master cyl and pushrod that i modified, try that and see how it works!

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the tips. First, the pedal feels pretty solid, but it's way down on the floor. I've tried a 1/4" longer push rod, but the brake pedal sits a bit too high for my foot when moving from the gas pedal to the brake pedal. After going back over the the entire brake system this afternoon, I'm not happy with the way I bent some of my metal lines. Some the bends appear a bit too tight and I'm going to redo the lines from the master cylinder to the adjustable porporting value (summit adjustable). Hoping to do that over the next couple of nights. As a side note, the calipers are in the proper position (I double checked after seeing the diagram above).
Thanks again everyone.