Grundy Insurance

I will ask my agent what the insurance is called
You do have it registered as an antique right?
They used to put a mileage stipulation on those policies but not anymore I believe
I also have some kind of grandfathered policy from way long ago that keeps my rates low (my wifes father had from the 50's)
Where you at FRiGuy?

• Sponsors (?)

Where can I find the restrictions that Grundy has? I rarely drive my car but do like to take it out for a cruise every once in a while and drive it to work every couple of months. I'd probably put less than 2K miles a year on it.

You need to talk to them. They tailor the policy for what you need. Some of the restrictions can be lifted for a few more bucks.

Reactions: 1 user
I will ask my agent what the insurance is called
You do have it registered as an antique right?
They used to put a mileage stipulation on those policies but not anymore I believe
I also have some kind of grandfathered policy from way long ago that keeps my rates low (my wifes father had from the 50's)
Where you at FRiGuy?
Is your State Farm policy 'agreed upon" value? Better make sure
As the crooked lawyer ad here locally says, Not a good neighbor, State farm is NOT there.......

Yes my agent came to my house and took photos before issuing the policy as per the procedure
The value you decide on is based on a reasonable value and you can sure over do that
The cost is based on the risk and the value of the policy

I went to high school with my agent and we fix cars together
He has 2 Camaros, 2 442's a few Mercedes and several Ford trucks
He knows better than to hose me (the boomerang effect)
We are all in this together
I try not to hose anyone either (except democrats) but that's a different story

I haven’t looked into Grundy. My policy with hagerty is expensive, but my agent insists on coverages above state minimums “just in case”. I’m ok with this. My agreed value is 15k but I also pay extra for “cherished salvage”. My buddy was t-boned in his 72 c10 and made out very well because of that option.
I recently upped the value from 12k to 15k but I’m thinking I should’ve done more. I saw a post on fb that a guy talked to hagerty and they informed him that coupes have gone up in value 60% in the last 3 months. Prob just catching up, they had under-valued them for a few years now.

I haven’t looked into Grundy. My policy with hagerty is expensive, but my agent insists on coverages above state minimums “just in case”. I’m ok with this. My agreed value is 15k but I also pay extra for “cherished salvage”. My buddy was t-boned in his 72 c10 and made out very well because of that option.
I recently upped the value from 12k to 15k but I’m thinking I should’ve done more. I saw a post on fb that a guy talked to hagerty and they informed him that coupes have gone up in value 60% in the last 3 months. Prob just catching up, they had under-valued them for a few years now.

How expensive is “expensive?”

I'll more than likely give Grundy a try. My sister in law is a insurance agent in Colorado and she said Hagerty is who she always recommend to her clients and they have never had any issues with them. She has no experience with Grundy and hasn't heard anything good or bad about them.

I’m at $450ish annually but I need to bunp my agreed value up. I also add in the cherished vehicle and towing. I expect to be in the $700ish range after.

MA insurance has always been expensive. You can’t really compare to other states. I pay $2500 between my wife and I just for our daily drivers. Add in my Mustang and almost $3/year in insurance for two married 40-somethings with boring cars and clean records

God damn. Yeah I’d be looking elsewhere. However I don’t believe Grundy has the “cherished salvage” option, at least not that I’ve heard. So if that’s a dealbreaker then you might be better off staying with hagerty.
I’m at $450ish annually but I need to bunp my agreed value up. I also add in the cherished vehicle and towing. I expect to be in the $700ish range after.

MA insurance has always been expensive. You can’t really compare to other states. I pay $2500 between my wife and I just for our daily drivers. Add in my Mustang and almost $3/year in insurance for two married 40-somethings with boring cars and clean records
When I lived in washington state I used to pay $700/year for coverage on a mustang I owned. Moved to georgia, bought a Toyota Corolla with cash to daily and it costs me $1400 to insure it. It’s ridiculous down here.

By Gosh, its a gimmick I tell ya.......... My uncle ( Fathers Brother) was a circuit court judge in Oregon... Smart, capable man... He told my dad about how much he hated insurance companies and how they had BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars but would fight over paying out a few dollars..........

Last edited:
God damn. Yeah I’d be looking elsewhere. However I don’t believe Grundy has the “cherished salvage” option, at least not that I’ve heard. So if that’s a dealbreaker then you might be better off staying with hagerty.

When I lived in washington state I used to pay $700/year for coverage on a mustang I owned. Moved to georgia, bought a Toyota Corolla with cash to daily and it costs me $1400 to insure it. It’s ridiculous down here.
A leeetle further south it even gets worse,,,, Of course after moving here ( Florida) and watching how people drive, If I owned an insurance company I would NOT insure florida either..... NONE of the insurance companies that I was insured under in Oregon would insure me in Flo rida.....

I have Hagerty on the race car. I told them exactly how the car was used, stored and transported. Sent pics of the car, what the quickest ET was, fastest mph ect. Agreed upon value of $65K
It costs me $250 per year.

Reactions: 2 users