Gt 2v To Mach 1 4v

bgs66

Oct 28, 2003
Jax.,FL
I have a 99 GT 5 speed and 110K. I have an oppurtunity to get my hands on a wrecked 2004 mach 1 5 speed with less than 10 k. I would like to swap motors and I would like to know if there is anything more to the swap other than motor, engine wiring harness and computer. Shaker hood scoop is going to be cool. The rest of the suspension and anything else salvageable will be swapped as well. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the replies guys. I believe the mileage is closer to 7500, mostly highway. Car was hit in the rear. Rearend is still good though along with interior. matsm21 has got me thinking alot about the wiring harness. I plan to use the complete Mach 1 engine harness along with the Mach 1 computer. Not sure about the ramifications of the PATS system doing this. I need to learn more about the PATS system to know how to make this work. I'm going to try to use as much off the car as possible. Thanks again for the responses.

I think you can get past the PATS by doing everything you said plus taking the instrument cluster. In an article about dropping the guts of an '03 Cobra into the body of a '03 Focus they talked about that and said it was the best way around the PATS problem. I don't know if that'd work, I would like to know what really does end up working though!