GT-40 Intake HELP ME!

Nemesis2k4

Nov 1, 2006
i cannot seem to find a gt-40 intake...i would like to buy one over the winter but SUMMITRACING dont have it and ive been lookin around and caannot find one! if it is on summit racing and im just blind can someone find it? if not where is a reliable source i can order one from? its goin on a 1990 5.0l 5 speed notch! thx guys i appreciate it!

• Sponsors (?)

The tubular GT-40 intake was discontinued several years ago. Try the Stangnet classifieds, Craigslist or eBay. I was just looking there and there were several listed.

the repro's are the cobra intake, not the gt40 intake to the best of my knoweledge.

corral.net or ebay is your best source...however get ready to pay $400-$600 for one. If that's the look you really want, fine...however if it's the performance you're after, spending $200 on an explorer intake will get you exactly the same gains as the gt40 piece

the repro's are the cobra intake, not the gt40 intake to the best of my knoweledge.

corral.net or ebay is your best source...however get ready to pay $400-$600 for one. If that's the look you really want, fine...however if it's the performance you're after, spending $200 on an explorer intake will get you exactly the same gains as the gt40 piece

tyvm im on the search for an explorer intake

96 and early 97 ONLY had the egr ports...so if you want to be smog legal, then you need the 96 or early 97 intake. You'll know it when you see it, it'll have the small hole right in the middle on both the upper and lower halves where they mate together..it's a hole right smack in the center.

if egr isn't a big deal, then any 96-01 explorer intake will work just fine.