Gt 500 has an Eaton, WTF !!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Wu 2000

Feb 16, 2004
Eastern, Pa.
Just read in Car&Driver(maybe it was Motor Trend, has a the GT 500 on the cover) that the new GT 500 will have that same great :rlaugh: Eaton that is on the 03'-04's. I had heard rumors that the Lyshom or twin screw was going to be used. Is this another way Ford is keeping down the costs on this thing? Maybe it will be a bigger, more efficient version of our Heaton. :shrug: I hope so. Just think of the power possibilities of the blown 5.4 4valve w/ a twin screw. :hail2: Would could have been...................... :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Uncle Meat said:
Yes it's an Eaton, but not the exact same model that's on our 03/04's. The Eaton they speak of is the R122. Our cars came with the M112. The R122 has a larger displacement. I'm sure using another Heaton instead of a twin screw is saving them money.

U.M.

Where did you hear this for sure? Other than C&D which i wouldn't really trust as fact

It's true...the GT500 will come with an R122 Eaton roots-type supercharger...

They said that cost was a factor and the fact that Lysholm wasn't going to be able to produce screw-type blowers fast enough to keep up with production numbers...

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
Just read in Car&Driver(maybe it was Motor Trend, has a the GT 500 on the cover) that the new GT 500 will have that same great :rlaugh: Eaton that is on the 03'-04's. I had heard rumors that the Lyshom or twin screw was going to be used. Is this another way Ford is keeping down the costs on this thing? Maybe it will be a bigger, more efficient version of our Heaton. :shrug: I hope so. Just think of the power possibilities of the blown 5.4 4valve w/ a twin screw. :hail2: Would could have been...................... :rolleyes:
They said in Car&Driver, that they were going to use, the same supercharger, as the GT. They also said, the problem was availability. I thought they said, a twin screw whipple, but maybe I was dreaming? Would be nice if it was a kenne bell, huh?

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
You think an Eaton screaming at wide open sounds nasty, listen to a Kenne Bell on a 03-04' Cobra. :drool: That being said, when I do my blower swap I will be going with the Whipple. :nice:

wow, i wouldnt even complain about the sound as long as I have a whine... :D it could sound like a raped cat for all i care.. :D

Snakestress said:
wow, i wouldnt even complain about the sound as long as I have a whine... :D it could sound like a raped cat for all i care.. :D
I wasn't complaining, I said nasty as in it sounds wicked, good. I just don't care for the screaming of the blower. The Whipple is much quieter. :D Some people love the loud whine of the Kenne Bell. :nonono: