GT40 Intake question

• Sponsors (?)

you can get a cast version from all the 5.0 liter explorers and they also have a 65mm throttle body that you can use with a little work as far as the tubular manifold the lightning trucks had the upper only and ford had a gt40 pack car in 94/95 that had one

Here's my Explorer intake after I worked it over.Did some beautification work and I like it.It's my "One of none" Cobra intake.
000_0509.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0509.jpg
    000_0509.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 67
Keep in mind that the later year production Explorers did not have the internal EGR passage cast into the intake. I believe that it started with the 98 model year. So if you are going to keep the EGR, no real reason to delete it, make sure that you get an intake with the internal EGR passage.

Yup i think it was during the end of the 97 year run where they went to external EGR. So you are going to want to look for one with internal EGR provisions. They can be found for cheap online/ebay/classifieds.

mine is from a '96 Explorer.They can be found really cheap.I got mine for free.Well,I traded a T-Bird headlight harness and some headrests for it.May as well have been free.