Guess The Horsepower

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks - I'll give that a shot first....especially considering it's only a $5 part.

Car's only been driven 2-3 times per year since 2014...said last year he took it out and when he parked it again he noticed a small spot on the ground.

Thoughts on shift points for this car? I picked the car up last night - everything is fantastic.

Previous owner states that he always shifted at 4-5k but mentioned that he was told he could shift at ~7k with the motor?

Thoughts on shift points for this car? I picked the car up last night - everything is fantastic.

Previous owner states that he always shifted at 4-5k but mentioned that he was told he could shift at ~7k with the motor?
7k rpms? Wouldn't the stock ECU rev limiter kick in? You could try to rev it that high but doubt you'd want to. You'd need a solid roller or shaft mount rocker type valve train for those rpms. If you dyno the car, the answer will be in the dyno graph for you.

Update - I got the oil pan gasket replaced with a 1 piece molded Felpro...no more oil leak.

Still awaiting a dyno tune for numbers but I had an exhaust question. I currently have a bassani xpipe with high flow cats...I'm looking to make the car louder. Possible to remove the cats or should I buy an offroad xpipe?

Anytime you buy a car with performance engine parts you should have it tuned. The Dyno will show you where your shift points should be and how much power it makes. It'll also show you if it has more powah left in it. You were probably going to Dyno it anyways but I had to add my $.02

There's no way I'd attempt to take a 302 to 7k ( let alone 6k ) without being on a Dyno first.

Any feed back on a Vortech supercharger install?

I've managed to locate a complete setup for a pretty good price..wondering how straight forward the install would be and if there's anything else I should do beforehand? Will the 24lb injectors suffice...any other deficiencies in my build?

24's won't work. I mean, those have done it and used an FMU but it's not the way to go. Redoing the fuel system (upgrading pumps, etc) would be a good idea. Custom dyno tune. The TB and intake could go bigger. 70 or 75mm and port intake or get a better one. But those are pretty minor and won't matter.

Any other recommendations for some more power? Should I change the MAF?
Ditch the MAF and get a Stinger Pimp or MSPNP for stand alone tuning. A dyno tune is still helpful to a certain extent but you can tune it mostly yourself. Dyno tune typically helps with dialing in your timing in order to run the most you can SAFELY. The dyno will give you important indicators that your butt dyno will not. For fuel, drop the tank and upgrade your fuel pump along with properly sized injectors is the best way to go.