H/C/I swap..Need help on other mods & buys

• Sponsors (?)

mike keirstead said:
Ya they were ganging up on me.....Not saying to much now though....I think they looked at the hardcore50.com site and figured they were wrong.
HAHA maybe?

But I can tell ya one thing, you guys def got off topic.:lol: But it was all in a good fun. So what do you plan for this race season to go a whole second faster?

Dave

Man I have been agreeing with you that it is possible, but you can not call it minor mods to run 11's .

BTW This is from the website as well.

Here's another example of how strong these Air Flow Research heads are, even when used a very basic combo. Dynojet results showed a 55 RWHP increase after installation and some tuning. Details are as follows: A stock 302 fitted with a B303 camshaft, 1.60 FMS roller rockers, iron GT40 heads, shorty headers and a stock Cobra manifold. This customer sprayed the car with a 100 shot of nitrous for some extra punch but wanted this type of power without having to fill the bottle constantly.

Swapping the mildly ported iron GT40 heads for a set of "out of the box" AFR 165 heads, a set of 1.72 roller rockers and an FTI ported Cobra lower intake saw some instant results. The old combo started out with 250 RWHP and after the swap the new pieces netted over 305 RWHP! How's that for a street worthy 12 second car. The nitrous kit is now for sale!

<HR width="98%">

92GreenGT said:
HAHA maybe?

But I can tell ya one thing, you guys def got off topic.:lol: But it was all in a good fun. So what do you plan for this race season to go a whole second faster?

Dave

Well my car was good for 12.40s or so but it only went 12.60s. There were some major bugs in the ignition on the top end.

So its not like im trying to shave a second off..really its 6-7 tenths.

Crane igntion vs stock
Ported gt-40 heads vs untouched e7s
Ported TFS street vs untouched gt-40 intake
Lunati 51014 vs b 303

Plus a good tune and weld draglites.

Hoping for 11.80-11.60s or somewhere close

thegabrielles said:
Man I have been agreeing with you that it is possible, but you can not call it minor mods to run 11's .

BTW This is from the website as well.

Here's another example of how strong these Air Flow Research heads are, even when used a very basic combo. Dynojet results showed a 55 RWHP increase after installation and some tuning. Details are as follows: A stock 302 fitted with a B303 camshaft, 1.60 FMS roller rockers, iron GT40 heads, shorty headers and a stock Cobra manifold. This customer sprayed the car with a 100 shot of nitrous for some extra punch but wanted this type of power without having to fill the bottle constantly.

Swapping the mildly ported iron GT40 heads for a set of "out of the box" AFR 165 heads, a set of 1.72 roller rockers and an FTI ported Cobra lower intake saw some instant results. The old combo started out with 250 RWHP and after the swap the new pieces netted over 305 RWHP! How's that for a street worthy 12 second car. The nitrous kit is now for sale!

<HR width="98%">
Yeah what about that? Its not about peak hp its about the whole curve, call ED C and say you want peak hp and he would probably laugh at you. The point is, it can and has been done many times. Whats the big deal?

Dave

bmo37 said:
from the looks of your avatar your the one who's smoking something, to come up with these pc racing times. You need to race your car for real and stop the desktop dyno/dragstrip. A stock stang has around 190-200rwhp and runs around low 15's, now your telling me by adding an extra 100hp your going to drop your et over 3.5 seconds thats just a load of crap man.

My car runs low 11's and has well over 400rwhp and your telling me a 300rwhp car can do the same thats just total bs

YOU DONT HAVE TO SAY SORRY....I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WERE WRONG AND DIDNT KNOW IT. :nice:

Look at my Posts...I agree it can be done. I just dont call it minor to get into the 11's safely and reliably. Hell I can get a stock stang put a lot of juice to it and run 11's but something is going to give. Ed will tell you if you want it to last, build it right. Motor without chassis is usless. Anybody that knows racing knows you have to build the car, not just the motor if you want to race...and win reliably and safely in a street car. Especially with a 300hp motor. Because with that limit the rest of the setup has to be that much better, you got to get your et early because you wont have the speed to get it down track.

thegabrielles said:
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

I need a big tall BS flag to put on that one. 300RWHP is Not going to get you into the 11's unless you have a 2600 lb car. And last time I checked Most street stangs are not running 3200 lbs. Especially with the driver sitting in them. Granted a 4.10 gear and some slicks would help but we are talking about a street car with street tires. My 82 ran a 12.14 @ 116 mph, that sucked for the car, I should have been well into the 11's, but I am making over 400 RWHP. That car weighs 3650 lbs though. 300RWHP IS A LOT OF POWER, most guys will not see that with just motor unless they sink a lot of money into it. Be realistic and get a clueIII

Didnt sound like you were agreeing with me that a 3200 and 300rwhp car would go 11s with traction. Thats all they need traction.
I never said what it took to get traction....i just said they needed it.

Mike you asleep....your dreaming!!!!!!

Dude, you can not do it easily, that is what I have been saying. It is not simple to go 11's on 300hp!!!!!
Read all my posts, I dont feel like going back to look where you said it was easy to get into the 11's with minor mods, in a 3200lb car.

Get a grip, get a good nights sleep and try again tomorrow.

That was a long tiem ago...you should have listened.
Mike why can't you admit it is not a minor modification to get a car to run 11's???
Thats it nice and simple. Making 300rwhp, thats not to difficult to do. Getting the car to handle it and hook, thats a lot different.

thegabrielles said:
Look at my Posts...I agree it can be done. I just dont call it minor to get into the 11's safely and reliably. Hell I can get a stock stang put a lot of juice to it and run 11's but something is going to give. Ed will tell you if you want it to last, build it right. Motor without chassis is usless. Anybody that knows racing knows you have to build the car, not just the motor if you want to race...and win reliably and safely in a street car. Especially with a 300hp motor. Because with that limit the rest of the setup has to be that much better, you got to get your et early because you wont have the speed to get it down track.
Ok, thats just a given right there. Who would be stupid enough to spend the money to get 300 or more rwhp and not do suspension work? I just started posting becuase you all where saying that it couldnt be done. You were acting like it wasnt possible at all. But with the right conditions it can be. And no its not "EASY" either. And who said that minor mods will put you into the 11's?:scratch:

Dave