H-pipe? Power?

I am getting an Off Road H-pipe from Jegs. I was wondering how much power its gonna add. My car has fenderwell cold air intake and flowmaster 2-chamber cat back exhaust out back. Thats all. Was wondering if someone read something on how much power it would add to a mustang thats pretty close to stock? has the same setup? Thanks for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

custom89stang said:
I am getting an Off Road H-pipe from Jegs. I was wondering how much power its gonna add. My car has fenderwell cold air intake and flowmaster 2-chamber cat back exhaust out back. Thats all. Was wondering if someone read something on how much power it would add to a mustang thats pretty close to stock? has the same setup? Thanks for your time.

Thanks mr. nitrous! Anyone else got any other comments?

agreed, unless your stang is heavily modified, the factory exhaust is plenty. You won't notice a damn difference in power, but the sound alone justifies the cost. I ditched my off road pipe for a stock catted piece, and I really miss the sound.

I put a mac off road h pipe on my car with 40 series flows. After putting it on it sound much much much better and alot louder its got a good mean throat now. You will really like how it sounds after. :nice: Enjoy it

Also something to think about keep that stock h pipe for emission purpose's

well that's a bummer, mine didn't get very much louder (not as much as I would expect) when I put mine on...of course my full system sounds a lot quieter than I think it should..oh well, sounds badassed at WOT

With the increased flow and stock motor, you're going to loose some low end torque due to the lack of backpressure but gain a few HP in the upper R's. The sound is AWESOME! :hail2: I didn't notice the low end loss until I put my cats back on for emissions, back when I was N/A.

the bigger the pipe, the less backpressure obviously, but no matter what size, you're going to lose some backpressure cause cats are decent restrictions. but there will definately be a loss of torque though. however, I think the high end gain is worth it. the stock H is a dog above 4k, offroad H is much nicer all the way up

That too as well as the number and quality of bends in the pipe. In this case, a straight pipe, H or X w/o cats, will greatly reduce the amount of backpressure thus reducing the low end torque, which is noticeable during around town driving.

now if only it was legal...hate putting that stocker back on, such a pita (one of the mounting pipes or whatever is bent so it takes a lot of effort to get on and off :( ) seriously though, I've talked to a few people that can pass emissions with flying colors with offroad H's (not to mention blowers, etc), so I don't see why they should be able to fine us for it..lame