Had some luck at the yard today

• Sponsors (?)

good find, the bigger of the saab IC's should work nicely, as for the head.. i would leave it unless you feel like tacking a huge project. I am interested to see how a DOHC lima performs, but i for one dont want to do all the work to make that happen.

Dr.

There is no way I would ever try the Volvo swap myself, I was thinking more along the lines of selling the ICs and Head. But when I do come across a Volvo IC I am just going to add that to the swap parts pile I have :rolleyes:

freakintiger said:
tealtiger:
the DOHC heads benefit is that there are two intake valves and two exhaust valves per cylinder as opposed to our SOHC heads. That allows the engines to move the air/fuel in very fast and the exhaust out very fast. Also each side has a dedicated cam...
I knew about 4 valves/cylinder and airlfow, and about 2 cams; just didn't know if there was more to it than that. Thanks.

tealtiger93 said:
I knew about 4 valves/cylinder and airlfow, and about 2 cams; just didn't know if there was more to it than that. Thanks.

Ya, better flow aswell as

Pent roof shapped chambers (better combustion and anti-detonation tendancies)
Hemi-plug placment

and its aluminum...not sure how much accual wieght savings there is (if any) verse's a sohc lima head though. :shrug:

stackz said:
that's the correct volvo head.

hey dan is that the charlotte pullapart yard?? I know they opened one up there not long ago.

Yup thats the place righ off of Tryon Rd, next time your up that way you should give me a call.