Has anyone run braided or plain rubber transmission lines?

• Sponsors (?)

When you say braided do you mean with AN fittings on each end or hose clamps? I go to a local hydraulic supply and have them make custom braided lines with fittings, They never leak, they look awesome and can with stand high heat. They are usually about 30-45 $$ A piece.

Do not use rubber hose!

If you take your car to the track and they check it it will not pass tech. Rule says " no more than 6 inches of rubber hose on each line"

Not only that but it wont take long for the hose to come off either end or break and crack.

I would buy braided line with AN fittings on each end. Last time i did mine both lines were about 110-120, the fittings for the trans and the cooler were about 20, and i used a B&M Supercooler and thats about 55. Its worth every penny!!!

I alway use braided lines and fittings, assemble them myself so I can route them the way I want. I also like the B&M Supercooler, you can never be too large. You need to buy the braided line with the teflon inner, and the special fitting for use with trans fluid. They make quick disconnects for use at the tranny they work great but you need to massage the tunnel for easy access.

It's basically like what you have on a compressor hoes. I'll try to find a picture of them. well I found a pic from jegs. I don't have this brand but same thing.
565ARP1747.jpg

Attachments

• 565ARP1747.jpg
    565ARP1747.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 116