having a weird wiring (???) problem... HELP

BelueLX

Founding Member
Jul 10, 1999
OK heres the deal: My car started running really bad. I thought the distributor, cap, rotor or TFI module could be bad so I swapped the distributor assy with a spare and played around with the wire running to the distributor. If i wiggle that wire, you can hear the fuel pump relay cutting on. If I can wiggle that wire and hear the fuel pump relay cut on, it will start up and run great. If I wiggle that wire (engine harness to distributor) and dont hear the fuel pump relay cutting on, I have to hold the pedal to the floor to get it to start and when it finally starts, the car runs like garbage. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? All my vacuum lines are good and electrical connections are connected. Am I missing something?

• Sponsors (?)

what you are doing is weird. when you floor the pedal while starting, as i recall, it kills the injectors. so you are killin fuel on start up, even if the FP circuit is open.
as for the wires, ah if you can wiggle them and open the circuit, fix them. that is not good.
perhaps most importantly, have you pulled codes? the same thing that makes the EFI cars a pain also makes them nice(r) to diagnose.
good luck.