Head and Cam Question

Jan 3, 2011
Looking at getting a set of heads for my 302. For now will be just motor with a GT40 intake, headers,injectors 75mm TB,MAF, and EGR spacer. Will be putting a turbo 72-76mm on with in the year and stroking to a 331. Looking at going with a set of Afr 185 with a TFS stage 1 cam for now. Was wondering if it would be to much head and if the cam would be ok I know it would be big for now but would smaller heads be better for now and in the long run? Better yet What would be the best head and cam to go with?

Thanks Nathan

• Sponsors (?)

I was running AFR 185's on my 308 as an N/A car & they worked fine for me. I just finished my turbo install & have no plans for changing those heads. If you plan on a turbo later you might want to go with the bigger cc chaimbers. I didnt do that but my compression ratio is only 9:1 so its still boost friendly. Most people will tell you to get a custom cam. I have the F303 because its designed for computer controlled cars & has a 114 lobe seperation which makes it boost friendly also. Im sure there are better cams out there & the more experienced guys will be able to recommend them. I dont like to buy parts more than once if I can avoid it so, my oppinion would be, build it with the turbo in mind & even if the performance isnt quite as good as an N/A car, the stroker & turbo will make up for it & then some.