Header Bolts Falling out...

• Sponsors (?)

Mine did the same thing after we put new Headers on mine. This spring I came to find out that almost all were loose and 2 had fallen out. We did the exhast about 3 yrs ago. Might as well replace your headgaskets b/c those are prob blown as well. I know my passenger side one is but its to much of a PITA to take off the S/C and bracket to fit it right now.

Striped5.0 said:
Mine did the same thing after we put new Headers on mine. This spring I came to find out that almost all were loose and 2 had fallen out. We did the exhast about 3 yrs ago. Might as well replace your headgaskets b/c those are prob blown as well. I know my passenger side one is but its to much of a PITA to take off the S/C and bracket to fit it right now.

And just why would he have to replace his headgaskets? that has nothing to do with header bolds coming out...

haulbalz said:
And just why would he have to replace his headgaskets? that has nothing to do with header bolds coming out...
he probably meant header gaskets...my header bolts were doing the same thing, then the gaskets would let go, and it is a PITA to replace them, so I tried blue Loctite once, it worked for me...someone may have a specific reason not to though...

I paid around 80 bucks for stainless steel Breslins - expensive, but were worth the xtra cost imo.

As for the leprachaun, and bad lucky charms experience....
I hate lucky charms and those gritty things they call marshmallows too.

fastf50rd said:
That's funny, i just torqued the piss outta mine, let her get to temp, then tourqued them again. They havn't even gotten loose in 2 yrs.

I was starting to think I was the only one who did this. My method may take a few extra minutes, but it doesn't require $50 header gaskets or expensive bolt setups to work either.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I have yet to lose a header gasket or bolt in all the years I've had headers on cars...and once they're tight and heat cycled and tightened again -- I've never retightened, just checked one more time to make sure. That's all it takes.