Headers for Stock 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

What are you trying to do?
1/4 mile ET?
or?
Debate about running around under 3000rpm with a daily commuter?

Not sure where you are readin, or what the parameters/definitions of "better" are, but it sounds like the kind of thing "seat of the pants warriors" would regurgitate to justify why they have not swapped out the factory logs.

She's just a daily driver. But she sees WOT occassionally :D (I don't break the speed limit though nor street race).

I'm just going to leave the BBK shorties on... The stock trac-lock still works. No power braking needed. :D
tires.jpg

Just to provide an update, I swapped out the old BBK 1 5/8 shorties for a set of stock 86-93' HO headers and it actually made a difference. I've noticed that I don't have to accelerate as much to get up to speed and overall, the car has more torque from idle to 3000 rpms from what I could feel. That is the typical rpm range for my aod stang during normal driving. IMO, for those who have stock untouched E7TE heads, the stock HO headers are the best option, at least in regards to shorties. Sound wise, it is very similar and it actually has a bit more BRAP to the exhaust note when I rev it and it seems to purr a bit louder at idle.