Headlight Issue

9Silver9

Feb 19, 2010
Just cant seem to get my stang in perfect condition, now what i got is somethin wrong with the headlights. It dont happen everytime but when it does happen it ticks me off. At times when i go to turn on my headlights, the blinker to the drivers side stays lit on the dash and the whole drivers side lights are very dim. Was driving tonight and it happened, was dropping off a friend when the drivers side headlight started to flicker, kept flickering until it went back to normal. This happens rarely an i would love to figure out what in the world is causing this.

BTW. When that problem is present, and the lights are on, the car wont even turn on.

• Sponsors (?)

I give up. What MY?

Check the usual stuff. Are your battery terminals CLEAN and TIGHT? Is your battery in good condition? What about the cables themselves?

Check the grounds around the battery.

When it doesn't start, do you mean "no crank" or Cranks but does not start.

Any aftermarket head lights? Sometimes they draw too much power and over heats the connectors.

Does the problem happen on low-beams, high-beams, or both?

I give up. What MY?

Check the usual stuff. Are your battery terminals CLEAN and TIGHT? Is your battery in good condition? What about the cables themselves?

Check the grounds around the battery.

When it doesn't start, do you mean "no crank" or Cranks but does not start.

Any aftermarket head lights? Sometimes they draw too much power and over heats the connectors.

Does the problem happen on low-beams, high-beams, or both?

Yea there is no crank, no nothing, and when it does happen the winsheild wipers dont squirt out the fluid, but it does in both high and low. Idk why it happens some days but on others it is completly normal

UPDATE**

Played around with the plug that plugs into the bulb while the problem was occurring and it worked, i just dont want it coming back, how would i fix it permanently.

Yea there is no crank, no nothing, and when it does happen the winsheild wipers dont squirt out the fluid, but it does in both high and low. Idk why it happens some days but on others it is completly normal

Sounds like it may be the dimmer switch going bad. There is absolutely a short somewhere.

The no crank makes me thing there is something wrong with your battery connection because your headlights and starter are obviously not connected.

Sounds like it may be the dimmer switch going bad. There is absolutely a short somewhere.

The no crank makes me thing there is something wrong with your battery connection because your headlights and starter are obviously not connected.

Yeah the no crank is weird but the passenger headlights work fine and everything ...it only happens sometimes and when it does at times if i hit a bump or something everything works back to normal, but tomorrow going to autozone to buy that connector and we will see what happens

Did you clean up the sheetmetal grounds on the front clip? They normally are painted (under the heads) so the slightest bit of corrosion on the threads can cause issues.

Good luck.