Help deciding on coil over conversion

mbell

Jan 25, 2006
I have a 69 fastback and I want to upgrade the suspension. I am currently looking at total control products tubular control arms and coil overs ($2,200). Have any of you installed this set-up or any other set-up you would recommend?

I don't want to get into the hiedths (spelling?) mustang II suspension that requires frame cutting.

I have the drivetrain sorted out - 408 stroker +/- 485 hp, street fighter c4 with gear vendor simi auto 6 speed, ATI 2800 stall converter and 3.55 gear with limited slip. I have added shelby style traction bars and 295 50 15 bf goodrich rubber. Now I want it to handle like its running on rails - any suggestions or guidance on suspension upgrades.

• Sponsors (?)

I've installed the TCP coilover in my '69 fastback and installation is a cinch. My wife was really disappointed that I spent that much money and was done in a couple of days. Build quality was really good.

I can only look at it from the installation standpoint as I have not driven the car with the new suspension yet.

I installed RRS struts and am very impressed with the ride -smooth as and corners real nice. They bolt up th the origional holes and use the stock lower control arm.
A53a.jpg

Marshall