Help me solve this amp problem

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by atlblue2000, Dec 11, 2003.

1. atlblue2000

atlblue2000 Founding Member

I've got a Sony Xplod amp and a single Kenwood 12" sub that worked just fine for quite a while, then all of a sudden my amp's overcurrent light came on and the sub is quiet as a mouse. I read in the manual that the problem is the L and R speaker wires are somehow touching somewhere between the amp and speaker box. But, when I checked the wires, they wire into the amp on opposite ends so there is no way thats where they are touching and obviously its not @ the box terminals. What am I missing here, fellas??
  2. FlameStang97

FlameStang97 New Member

I would just change the whole wire from amp to sub. Sometimes they just fube up.

btw, what part of tn are you in? Im between Chattanooga and Knoxville.
  3. atlblue2000

Are you familiar with Jonesborough?? If not, what about Johnson City or Greenville? What city do you live in?

Yeah...looks like I might be trying that with the new wire...don't know what else to do. :shrug:
  4. FlameStang97

FlameStang97 New Member

ive heard of johnson city, but im not sure where it is exactly. Im about 40 miles north of chattanooga.
  5. atlblue2000

Hmm...well I'd say the closest city to me that you may have heard of is Bristol (BMS/Thunder Valley). I'm about 30-40 minutes southwest of Bristol and the track.

Do you know where Athens is?? I have a couple of friends that go to school @ Tenn Wesleyn.