help on cooling fan???????

uggghdave

Apr 4, 2011
michigan
my 95 mustang gt cooling fan works but dont keep it cool. does the fan have dif speeds as it gets hotter? i got the car about amounth ago an some one hooked up a switch so i can turn the fan on high an it brings the temp down?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, the fan has 2 speeds and comes on for different temps and also when the air conditioner is switched on. Not sure of the temps that trigger the different speeds but it has been discussed on here before.

ok but the low speed comes on by its self! but some 1 wired up a switch so that the high speed would come on when you turn it on by a switch. i want to delete the switch an have it work like it should an come on by its self? any help would be nice?

they ran a wire from the grownd on battery to a switch in side car. then taped in too a wire coming from the ccrm to the switch the wire they tapped in too is green with purple strip. every thing works like normal but you can turn the fan on when you want!

low speed comes on at around 190-200 an high is around 210-220

they ran a wire from the grownd on battery to a switch in side car. then taped in too a wire coming from the ccrm to the switch the wire they tapped in too is green with purple strip. every thing works like normal but you can turn the fan on when you want!

Your fan thresholds are lower than stock - that's the part I'm asking about.

On a stock GT, low speed doesn't come on till ~208*F and high till ~226*F. Your temp for each seems to be lower and I wondered how that was happening.