Help! Quick Bolt Size!!!

M9AbC

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2001
Florida
Hey Guys I seened to have misplacced my drive shaft bolts??? Does anybody knopw what size/thread they are? Also can i use hex head or should they be 12point heads.

Thanks,

Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

Ryanwoodz said:
Hey Guys I seened to have misplacced my drive shaft bolts??? Does anybody knopw what size/thread they are? Also can i use hex head or should they be 12point heads.

Thanks,

Ryan

They are high strength metric bolts - if you need some, it is either a trip to the junkyard or the Ford dealership

K thanks guys. Off to the dealership....

Anyone in here know. I have my transmission installed, completely as soon as the driveshaft is on. Can I fill the trans from up top were the shifter will mount?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryanwoodz said:
K thanks guys. Off to the dealership....

Anyone in here know. I have my transmission installed, completely as soon as the driveshaft is on. Can I fill the trans from up top were the shifter will mount?

Thanks,

Ryan

That will work OK. I just remove the top filler plug on the side of the trans and stick a 6 foot section of garden hose in it. I put a funnel on the other end of the hose. The I just sit down on the doorsill and pour in 3 quarts of the GM syncromesh. Check the level, put the plug back in and you are done. Works good and is simpler than taking the shifter out.