Help. Something wrong with top end

Status
Not open for further replies.
125+mph is what the troopers report said, its my brothers 00gt that he was killed in last october. so quit being a dumbass and drive like you got sense before you fall too man. come on:mad: heres some pics to maybe see that speed and street cars dont mix.

damn man, that's messed up. Sorry for your loss :(

• Sponsors (?)

125+mph is what the troopers report said, its my brothers 00gt that he was killed in last october. so quit being a dumbass and drive like you got sense before you fall too man. come on:mad: heres some pics to maybe see that speed and street cars dont mix.

Jesus man, I'm terribly sorry to hear that...:(

I don't agree with the speed but regarding the issue.

Could it be the fact of the car hitting the top speed limiter. I thought I read somewhere that the 99+ mustangs are limited to about 130ish mph due to the factory tire rating from ford. I know the mustang oil pans are small capacities, only 5 quarts but I am pretty sure that a stock hp stang can't drain the pan due to it doesn't rev high enough. I read somewhere that people drain pans when they spin 7000+ rpms with stock pumps, unless the OP never checked his oil level and then I can't help with lack of maintenance.

1999 and 2000 cars that came with the base GT package had 16" wheels on them and had a speed limiter of 117mph, give or take a few mph because of the speed rating of the tires.

Other than that, stock GT's are said to go 149mph. That may be where the limiter is, or that may be where they become aerodynamically limited in stock form, not sure.

Jesus man, I'm terribly sorry to hear that...:(

1999 and 2000 cars that came with the base GT package had 16" wheels on them and had a speed limiter of 117mph, give or take a few mph because of the speed rating of the tires.

Other than that, stock GT's are said to go 149mph. That may be where the limiter is, or that may be where they become aerodynamically limited in stock form, not sure.

I wonder if the tires have something to do w/the stock speed limiter setting from the factory, mine is 135 mph, though I have "Z" rated tires, I do not know what was on the car when it was brand new.

no problem guys, its unfortunite but it happens. my brother was killed on impact, he lost control, hit a ditch then a tree just before the passenger front tire and sliced it like a hot knife through butter. half the passenger front wheel is imbedded in the tree. the car went into 3 peices, the first pic is the drivers seat and firewall which remained at the tree, the 2nd pic is the rear half that landed 75 yds away, also in the second you notice the back of the engine, thats the front clip along with the engine compartmen was found 30yds from impact. to the op sound like climate and weather has some effect on the performance of you car.

Well the car ended up doing it as well in third gear, wouldnt go over 3000 rpm. Like i said I wasnt trying to fix the problem for more speed. That just so happened to be where I first noticed the problem. My car has been tuned and will not shut off till 200 mph which it will not do no matter what I do, just you have to set a limit so thats what it got set to.

It ended up being a stopped up fuel filter and a bad spark plug.

Sorry for your loss. I had two buddies that got killed and estimated 120+ both in trucks. I know speed isnt a joke. I just enjoy it. I dont need people telling me how stupid I am. I know what can happen.

I was just gunna say, check your plugs before you jump to crazy conclusions ppl... Glad it wasn't a big prob man. Nothing wrong with going fast, just mod car appropriately.

And for everyone flaming this guy for driving fast, go buy a honda and enjoy my daily driving:

YouTube - ZX-10R top speed run

YouTube - Desoto turbo mustang drifting. High boost bank. Outside car. Tires are dead

I hope you were wearing some serious leather. I'm am by no means condoning going that fast, but if you would hit some road kill on that croctch rocket you would have wiped out, just some food for thought.
To the O.p., an 80 mph crash can be just as leathal as a 135 mph crash. People have died doing 80mph, people have lived crashing faster then 135mph. For those around you and your self, go that fast when the roads are clear when there isn't anyone for you to dodge if you must speed.

I was just gunna say, check your plugs before you jump to crazy conclusions ppl... Glad it wasn't a big prob man. Nothing wrong with going fast, just mod car appropriately.

And for everyone flaming this guy for driving fast, go buy a honda and enjoy my daily driving:

YouTube - Desoto turbo mustang drifting. High boost bank. Outside car. Tires are dead

well sir, ill be blunt as usual. your a dumbass too, and if my brother was sitting here id tell him the same so dont worry. that flatbed transfer truck has a pretty bad blindspot and your moving aprrox 100ft/sec or more, he'd never see you coming if he needed to change lanes on ya. so thats my $.02:nonono:

well sir, ill be blunt as usual. your a dumbass too, and if my brother was sitting here id tell him the same so dont worry. that flatbed transfer truck has a pretty bad blindspot and your moving aprrox 100ft/sec or more, he'd never see you coming if he needed to change lanes on ya. so thats my $.02:nonono:
Sometimes I have to just shake my head and live w/the amazement of the bikers whom of which travel this fast. I've seen cars decintagrated going 80 mph, what do these guys think will happen to a bike going 189 mph. Missing limbs maybe.:shrug:

I wish I was as cool as this guy. I bet you get all the women. I bet you own a few affliction shirts and watch UFC and think in your mind "yeah I could take that guy". :hail2:

I know the 4.6 and the 3.8 are completly different in layout but ive had mustangs for 6 years now im at a total of 8 different ones but my fist one was a v6 i used to hot rod that thing everywhere like a dumbass 17 year old would who isnt used to it, Ive had some scary things happen and been lucky, lets just say you dont wanna go in excess of 90 on a highway period because its inevitable you cant stop on a dime if somthing gets in front of you and you will lose control if somthing goes wrong. I got lucky but now i have a gt vert and drive like an old man sometimes and yea i hate those ricers with their little subarus always tryin to race but i choose life. Im sorry to hear about the losses on here but im sutre everything you guys are tellin this guy is goin through one ear and out the other, he will figure it out sometime i know how it is in small towns- nothin better to do til someone gets hurt. After you are a mustang enthusiast its about preference and handling and appearance and i go to the strip but yea its for the love of the car not the speed.

I know the 4.6 and the 3.8 are completly different in layout but ive had mustangs for 6 years now im at a total of 8 different ones but my fist one was a v6 i used to hot rod that thing everywhere like a dumbass 17 year old would who isnt used to it, Ive had some scary things happen and been lucky, lets just say you dont wanna go in excess of 90 on a highway period because its inevitable you cant stop on a dime if somthing gets in front of you and you will lose control if somthing goes wrong. I got lucky but now i have a gt vert and drive like an old man sometimes and yea i hate those ricers with their little subarus always tryin to race but i choose life. Im sorry to hear about the losses on here but im sutre everything you guys are tellin this guy is goin through one ear and out the other, he will figure it out sometime i know how it is in small towns- nothin better to do til someone gets hurt. After you are a mustang enthusiast its about preference and handling and appearance and i go to the strip but yea its for the love of the car not the speed.

That's really the bottom line... telling someone to stop speeding for whatever reason is not going to do anything. Eventually, everybody either learns not to or dies trying. I did some stupid stuff as a new driver, but a couple scares set me straight years ago. I had another friend who just kept pushing and pushing until he drove his Dodge Stealth TT into a tree at 115 and died. I won't say that I don't ever drive fast anymore either... every once in a while I'll push it up to 90-100 for a short burst down a straightaway on the highway, but usually I just putter around like an old man. The 4.10's especially help to curb my speed now. It gets up to highway speed with authority, but constantly reminds me that the engine doesn't like to cruise at 3k rpm.

To the OP: you may want to take this ordeal as a sign that you should maybe not completely top it out just for the sake of your stock engine if anything else.

There is something I have a issue with...

While the OP might be perfectly capable of handling his car at such speeds on his deserted highway, this is not the place to discuss such behaviors. Everyone has access to these posts. What is to stop some fresh 16 year old from getting ideas into their head and trying something out at high speed on what they think is some "deserted" road?

Where are the forum moderators? This post should stick to the technical problem instead of venturing into where its done, how many times and why its such a "safe" place to do it.

There is something I have a issue with...

While the OP might be perfectly capable of handling his car at such speeds on his deserted highway, this is not the place to discuss such behaviors. Everyone has access to these posts. What is to stop some fresh 16 year old from getting ideas into their head and trying something out at high speed on what they think is some "deserted" road?

Considering what's posted on youtube and hundreds of other car forums... I don't think this thread in itself is going to increase the 16 year old Mustang GT owner mortality rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.