Help - standard rotation pump selection

Michael Yount

Mustang Master
Apr 10, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Anyone know a specific application for a STANDARD rotation water pump that will bolt on a fox body and have the hose connections in the proper place? I've got a buddy that wants to convert his fox to a standard rotation pump, but isn't sure which one to ask for at the parts store.

• Sponsors (?)

There was just a post about this not too long ago. I beleive a 1980 F100 with a 302 and A/C will have the ports in the right place. That is working off of memory, but It only takes a second to match up at a parts store.

I believe the 85-87 Crown Victoria pumps will fit as well but I think the inlet is on the driver's side. Either way, he will probably need to change the front cover as well. The 83 Cougar XR7 has passenger side inlets.

Keep in mind Trooper that you may need a different water pump pulley with lips on it to keep the belt on -- mine is reverse rotation serpentine and the factory pulley has neither lips nor grooves since the smooth backside of the belt drives it.

Michael Yount said:
You must've been a very good boy - Santa has visited March and says Merry Christmas to you!! ;)
i cant figure out what is going on, on this thread. LOL. Michael, were you originally askin' the question for GT Trooper? if so, i think i get all this. :)

if not (or even if so), i have been a good boy too. ;)