HELP STANGNET!!!

kevinj84

Dec 4, 2008
I need some serious input please. I'm caught in a hard place. I am getting another car, and I have found a 2006 Pontiac GTO and a 1999 Pontiac T/A Firehawk. There's a catch, the GTO is previously water damaged, but at $8200, thats low. It's got 84k miles on it. I drove the GTO today, it has headers, dual magnaflow, a fuel injection upgrade, and maybe a mild cam, it got loose leaving the parking lot and is a beast, however it needs a new rh fender and rh door work, and front grilles which the shop has. It also needs little things like the power steering needs to be flushed, alternator, etc. The shop has two sets of interior for it if I wanted it. PROBLEM is, I have no experience with a water damaged vehicle, and need info, I ran a carfax and the accident happened 10/27/2008. I currently have a refundable deposit on it.

The Firehawk is ready to go with no problems. It is completely stock. I've been on the lady who owns it for at least 4 years, and she finally threw me a price of $8000 for it, which is pretty low too, it has 130k miles on it now, and is her DD.

I know this is a Mustang forum, but at the end of the day it's all V8 American muscle!

HELP PLEASE!! I have to make a decision by Friday, because that is how long my deposit lasts on the GTO

Attachments

• 8_1.jpg
    8_1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 8_3.jpg
    8_3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Sponsors (?)

My one buddy has always had f body save for the 93 gt he had for a little. He had 3 ls1 camaro's and now owns a 06 gto 6 spd. He hates the goat. He says its heavy, unbalanced, and just not the same as the ls1 cars. BUT, since that car has mods etc done to it, I would say if it were me I would fix the goat as long as the water damage is not to substnatial. Also if it was SALT water flood, do not go anywhere near the car!!!!!!! It will need rebuilt from the ground up! If it was freshwater, then you are ok to a point. I like the looks of the goats, and since it has some performance mods to boot, it should be a fun car

And as far as the firebird at $8,000 with 130k, I wouldnt say that price is low at all. LS1's with over 100k miles can be had for $6k. Yes this is no run of the mile plane jain bird or z28, but I think you could get it for $7k or under

yea bro thats alot for the firehawk... yea they are rare but quit a few miles.... and as for the goat.... if it was me NO!... they look good but are heavy and dont handle for ****... water damage would scare me period.... i would steer away from them both or try and get the firehawks price lower :nice:

I would personally pass on both...

Water damage is a real bitch, and 130k on a Firehawk makes it no more valuable than a run of the mill TransAm at that point (to me, anyhow).

If you keep looking, you will find better deals. You can run across a lower mile (70-90k) TransAm (even a WS-6 if you wait) for those prices.

I would pass on both. There are better deals to be had. Just be patient. I know of one now but I dont have the cash. 99 Camaro SS in orange with tan leather interior, T-top and 43K on it for $6500. Two owner car but the clear coat is peeling. :shrug:

I would pass on both. There are better deals to be had. Just be patient. I know of one now but I dont have the cash. 99 Camaro SS in orange with tan leather interior, T-top and 43K on it for $6500. Two owner car but the clear coat is peeling. :shrug:

You mind pming me the info on that car???? I have a buddy looking for one and he does auto body work and this would be right up his alley!

I would personally pass on both...

Water damage is a real bitch, and 130k on a Firehawk makes it no more valuable than a run of the mill TransAm at that point (to me, anyhow).

If you keep looking, you will find better deals. You can run across a lower mile (70-90k) TransAm (even a WS-6 if you wait) for those prices.

:nice::nice::nice::nice::nice:

Keep looking...neither of those are winners...

I know it isn't what you want to hear...but if you wait you will be better off!

You guys were a big help, All in all, I guess the logical conclusion would be to either wait for somethin, or get the firehawk lowered, which may be possible...The owner asked me what I thought about the price and I didn't really give her a reply. Thanx for all the help so far.