HELP!!! tko600 crossmember not fitting

jammer84_03

Nov 30, 2003
ok...so i took out my old 3550 and got the new tko 600, now when i got it all bolted back up i go to put the trans crossmember up and it wont go up without bending the exaust really bad. is there a special crossmember that i ahve to buy to make this fit?

• Sponsors (?)

I just di this install man. Lets go through a few things. This is what i did. I ground off tak welds and slid the cross member ALL the way back. Then I had problems getting the exhaust hangers to go into the bracket. So, I took the crossmember back down and took out the sawzall, and hacked away part of the exhaust hanger bracket that was giving me problems getting exhaust to fit. Put her back up and "bingo" smooth sialing. Is this what your talking about?

well i called d and d and they said it should fit no prob. i unbolted the x pipe at the headers and now i am going to just bolt them back again and go from there. the exaust hanger fit and i clearanced the double hump c memeber. it slides all the way back and will fit, but it bends the exaust bad. already got one kink

well I have noticed that h pipes dont all fit the same and have the same clearance. I used to have flowtech which would bang the crossmember all the time. Now I have a mac O/R peice which seems to be of great quality and has tons of clearance.

definately. im thinking i might undo the exaust from the trans and get it all bolted up to the headers and then try to get it bolted again. do you have pics of how it looks by chance. or where the exaust hanger and how it goes

I have an Magnaflow X w/cats and a TKO600. I cheated and bought the HPM TKO crossmember. What I did have to do to clear the exhaust hangers was cut about 1.5 inches off the hanger mount that goes between the transmission mount and crossmember and rotate it so it points backwards.
Kevin

ok...well i figured it out. i had the crossmember in upside down....i feel like a dumb a**. anyways...i broke my starter shortly thereafter. i got a mini starter from a 95 gt laying around and now i got to figure how to wire it. i did the small in a big wire on the s terminal, and i did the big wire on the starter solonoid with the positive cable and the small wire to the opposite side and when i went to hook up the battery it started to do the starter. so now i need a diagram or something. i know one is floating out there somewhere.

ok...well i figured it out. i had the crossmember in upside down....i feel like a dumb a**. anyways...i broke my starter shortly thereafter. i got a mini starter from a 95 gt laying around and now i got to figure how to wire it. i did the small in a big wire on the s terminal, and i did the big wire on the starter solonoid with the positive cable and the small wire to the opposite side and when i went to hook up the battery it started to do the starter. so now i need a diagram or something. i know one is floating out there somewhere.

:lol: . Well at least you got it figured out bro

yeah...i was like...hmmm i took this off over the pipes last time....ah ha!...lol. yeah...not my greatest moment. i was just fed up with the car at that point so logical reactions and thinking were coinciding very well.....