Help with upgrading FMU - Supercharged

ch47600

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2001
San Antonio, TX
I'm currently running a 6 LB. Powerdyne with stock bottom end, heads and intake (B303 cam). I'm looking to upgrading to a 331, nice flowing heads (probably AFR 185's) and port matched intake (any recommendations?) but want to begin my fuel upgrades now (runs way too rich). I'll also probably bump the boost to 9-10 LB's.

Is it possible to run 42's now with an adjustable fuel regulator and tunable MAF and simply retune and adjust the fuel pressure once the upgrades are made or is this going to be problematic.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm currently running a 6 LB. Powerdyne with stock bottom end, heads and intake (B303 cam). I'm looking to upgrading to a 331, nice flowing heads (probably AFR 185's) and port matched intake (any recommendations?) but want to begin my fuel upgrades now (runs way too rich). I'll also probably bump the boost to 9-10 LB's.

Is it possible to run 42's now with an adjustable fuel regulator and tunable MAF and simply retune and adjust the fuel pressure once the upgrades are made or is this going to be problematic.

Thanks!

The 42# will dump way to much fuel at idle, you run the risk of washing out the cylinder walls. So your choice is to put a chip or tuner on the car to help tune it out... FWIW I usually pull over 60% fuel out at idle with a big injector ;)

Personally I'd just wait till you deceide what you want to do with the new motor and put the 42# inj and a 95mm MAF on it then. Right now a adj fuel regulator and better intank pump would be the only upgrade I'd do...255lph in tank will be sufficent.