HID kits? Where to get them?

Where do you guys pick up your HID kits? I have a 98 GT and I need to get some better lighting on the front of this thing. Anyone have any ideas? I know american muscle has them but there are to many horror stories for me to trust them. So is there anywhere else that has them so I can pick what rating HID i want?

• Sponsors (?)

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for but after hearing all the talk about blinding people with HID's in a stock housing I couldn't get myself to spend a couple of hundred dollars on an expensive kit.

I tryed diffrent bulbs ect but the lighting remained horrible. My last option was to buy a cheaper kit and install them. From there I would basically go with the feedback from my friends. If there was way to much glare from the HID's I would toss them into the garbage. After receiving, installing and aiming them I waited for the comments. So far they seem to be fine and the lighting is 1000X better.

I bought the kit from this seller on Ebay who has pretty good feedback. I ordered 6 000K cause I did not want blue. They actually have a bit of blue in them but not to ricey. As far as how long they will last, I have no clue but at the price I paid and the light they give off, I am happy.

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZmcmotoring

WARNING: shipping is expensive

would single beam HID be good or should I do dual beams? Is there really that big of a difference?

Single beam is brighter than any halogen high beam anyway..so it's really not needed.

A lot of people get dual beams just to pass inspection...which is just silly because HID retrofit kits are illegal period.

Just make sure you aim your headlights down slightly when you put the kit in. Halogen lights don't disperse the light properly

I got mine from Ebay just last week. $96.00 with free shipping (got them in 2 days!) for the single beam, and I went with 4300K as they produce the most amount of light and thats what the factory HIDs are. A couple of my buddies have the 6000 and they are just too blue for my taste and mine actually light up the road way better and thats the purpose, right? I'm ordering a set for the fogs today to really light up the road!!

I would check ebay. You can get a HID Conversion Kit on eBay for as cheap as $50 to $80 shipped. And it's a decent quality kit too. It's the same exact quality kit that Stangmods and other websites charge double and triple for. Same goes for the kit vvme.com sells, it's good stuff and easy to install and you save lots of $$$.

My friend bought a HID conversion kit for $285 online, and it ended up looking almost identical to my $80 kit. The connectors, ballasts, everything looked the same. Lots of sites just mark up the prices big time to make a profit.

subscribing

i wasn't even planning on HID's since most of the kits i've seen were $300-$400 and i was unsure of the quality

that vvme website seems too good to be true:shrug:
a ton of audi guys run them and have had good luck with em. only thing is shipping is a bit slow since they come from china (or maybe it was japan)