hit 17's tonight

• Sponsors (?)

91_4ourBanger said:
thats funny, because the only thing ive done to my car is put new headlights and tires on it

,,|,,

Its all in good fun so don't take it personal :)

I don't know the years of tracktion control but I think on the mustangs its starts in 94' or the new mustang bodys not the "Fox".

If you got a 90'-93' 2.3L it will take a lot of knowing the car and how to work on it to get it to run ok. (Try reading back post on here and TurboFord.org ) I would start off with simple stuff like making a CAI ( Cold air induction) for it. Then maybe install a better exhaust and remove the pre-cat converter next to the exhaust mainifold. If its going to be a N/A car use a header off a ranger I forget the years but 94's come to mind.

This web site shows and tells how to make a CAI.
http://jman.stangnet.com/coldair.htm

You can also swap in some stuff from a 5.0L to help it perform better like the biiger ft brakes and MAF/ 19LBS injectors.

Above all else have fun with it :D

Got a few runs in last night, 19.00, 19.19 & 19.54 (missed 3rd gear). speed was ~70-71mph for all of them. the 2 faster ones were east & west passes on the same road (wind?). This is all bone stock except for a gutted intake silencer & no belt on the A/C, also removed the back seat & spare tire.

For those interested, I'm going to start the mods and record the changes as I do them. I'm planning to do a CAI/K&N, Ranger header, 2 1/4" exhaust, ranger roller cam & followers, port/polish & mill the head (~11:1CR). I'll also be removing weight everywhere I can