Holley systemax 2 kit?

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Just curious if any of you have had experience with the systemax 2 kit holley makes, they say its good for 350hp, is this true?

The reason i ask is because im looking into getting a fox and want to know what it would take to push the 325rwhp barrier....

• Sponsors (?)

more like 350 to the fly wheel and 300 to the wheels but you can still do 325 to the wheels....in the past three issues of 5.0 mustang they did a HCI build up using an Anderson Motorsports package you might want to check it out. You probably would make more power with the anderson package

SysteMAX engine packages are systems designed to take the guess-
work out of choosing the correct combination of components that
will best MAXimize the performance of a small block/big block
Chevrolet engine or a small block Ford engine. They are total air
flow management systems composed of matched components that,
working in unison will enable you to achieve a level of performance
and power that you always dreamed about.
The following are available:
SysteMAX P/N Engine Application Horsepower
300-501-1 Ford 5.0 L (EFI) 350 @ 5750 RPM
300-502 Chevrolet 350 (carbureted) 350 @ 4500 RPM
300-503-1 Chevrolet 350 (carbureted) 425 @ 6100 RPM
The Ford 5.0 L EFI systems are designed specifically for the 1986-
93 EFI engines . All kits are available either carbureted or fuel
injected.

work out of choosing the correct combination of components that will best MAXimize the performance of a small block/big block Chevrolet engine or a small block Ford engine. They are total air flow management systems composed of matched components that, working in unison will enable you to achieve a level of perfor and power that you always dreamed about. The following are available: SysteMAX P/N Engine Application Horsepower 300-501-1 Ford 5.0 L (EFI) 350 @ 5750 RPM 300-502 Chevrolet 350 (carbureted) 350 @ 4500 RPM 300-503-1 Chevrolet 350 (carbureted) 425 @ 6100 RPM The Ford 5.0 L EFI systems are designed specifically for the 1986-93 EFI engines. All kits are available either carbureted or fuel injected. SysteMAX kits feature top quality Holley, Lunati and Weiand brand components such as cylinder heads, intake manifold, timing chain and gear set and camshaft and lifters. Carburetors are not includ-ed, but a Holley carburetor recommendation is made that’s based on dynamometer testing results. SysteMAX is designed to be delivered as a complete kit because it ideally matches the components for maximum performance. For those on a budget, however, Holley offers SysteMAX on a compo-nent basis. The Holley SysteMAX line will continue to be expanded with addi-tional engine applications and different component combinations such as blower kits. The Holley SysteMAX line allows multiple choices in how you can set up an engine and will keep you on top of the horsepower race! SysteMAX™ ENGINE KITS -AN OVERVIEW

Comments/Recommendations
A maximum performance, but very streetable package for the Ford 5.0L H.O. EFI V8. This one will really
let your Mustang kick up its heels! Additional parts recommendations: Holley 70mm Ford throttle body,
P/N 112-500; 24 or 30 lb./hr. Holley fuel injectors; Holley 70mm EGR spacer, P/N 112-550; 70mm
mass air flow meter; Holley 190 liters per hour in-tank electric fuel pump, P/N 12-901; Holley adjustable
fuel pressure regulator, P/N 512-500-1; Lunati 1.6:1 roller rockers, P/N 84160. Add a set of 1-5/8” tube
headers (Hooker P/N 6128 or FlowTech P/N 12110), “cat-back” system (Hooker P/N 16862 or FlowTech
P/N 42604) and Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers, P/N 21502. Note: FlowTech’s cat-back system contains
mufflers but requires an H-pipe, P/N 53605.

I used the kit on a 8.8:1 comp 302, AFM N-61 cam, 75mmTB, 80mm MAF and made 340RWHP with a little clean-up work and short turn work on the heads. In a 3200lb car it went 11.8 @ 116mph on a ET Street.

I had the whole kit and really enjoyed it. I never got outran by someone sporting an HCI 302 from any other company that had dyno sheets sporting ~ 350 horses. I would, however, possibly change up the cam like rick91gt did to maximize it's potential. The cam that comes with it isn't bad at all, but could be a bit better.