Home made subframe connectors

roworld

Feb 12, 2004
baltimore md
Ive been doing some searching and I now have all the demensions I need to make my own subframe connectors. Now I just need to find some 1"x2"x1/8" tube in the baltimore area. This project depends on if it can be done for less than I would pay for some subframe connectors new.

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been doing some searching and I now have all the demensions I need to make my own subframe connectors. Now I just need to find some 1"x2"x1/8" tube in the baltimore area. This project depends on if it can be done for less than I would pay for some subframe connectors new.

Considering that you can get them for $90, I don't really see you saving any money, and instead spend all that time for something hacked together when you could have done it right the first time

Reactions: 1 users
I made the set that's on my 82, about ten years or more ago. Iirc, I paid less than $20 for the two pcs of tube steel at a local welding and fab shop. Bent them with my home press, and welded with my flux core. The cheapest price then was just over $100 I think. Easy to do, and the install is the same either way, and much more involved than the fab.