Hood pins = rice?

The hood pins made a huge difference in the way emay's car looks. It made it that much tougher looking! I've said it before and I will say it again, IMO, his car is one of the top 5 Stangs I've seen...period!:nice: If it were mine, the only thing I'd do different is find a taller rear tire.

• Sponsors (?)

Get the Shelby pins, they are made by Scott Drake for Shelby and include brackets for mounting. You can do the job yourself it’s a piece of cake with these pins.

Earl

Pins look either good or bad depending on the theme and modification of each Mustang.

100% stock, I probably wouldn't do it.

Racing stripes, hood scoop... SOME type of aggressive styling, I will ALWAYS recommend installing hood pins.

Ricers started doing it to copy the Mustangs of old.

On all the cars in here there is something there on the front end that pull the pins in to the overall look and theme each have going on.

Hood pins on a cowl hood like BlackGT4.6 just fit... no matter the color or theme.
Having stripes, grille inserts, front license plate like HeavyGT these things break up the front end enough so the pins are there they stand out but fit in.
Emay, Eleanor just kicks azz... pins or no pins awesome!

The original poster asked about hood pins on a stock GT also mentioned was the looks on a plain hood. I agreed... personally I think they would look odd on a stock GT with a smooth hood until something else was done with the front end. Now if Power4 has a hood scoop... go for it.

I replaced the running pony with a 3d-carbon grille so the only thing on the front of mine brushed or polished is the wheel lips. Being all black with a smooth hood yeah I’m concerned they will stand out and appear to be one of those subtle pieces that are there before it’s time. After the CS rear fascia and CDC chin spoiler then pins will stand out and fit in... more than pins just stuck out on the front of a stock GT with a smooth hood.

Thanks fellas for all the props, I think kool said top 5, I don't know about that, but I sure am proud to own her when the reactions are so positive.

Most everyone on here thinks the stock all black would maybe not look right, the problem with black cars is their lines don't show up very well from all of the black. The body lines are there but are absorbed by the darkness. For that reason I like the pins even on stock dark colored hoods.. I don't think you can wrong putting them on...

Emay...

You have got a really nice Mustang. I like the color and the side window scoops (which are like mine).

However, I have never really been a fan of the "Eleanor" look. By that, I mean the very low body skirts and the low chin spoiler. Mustangs that are real low to the ground have never really appealed to me.

This is not a slam on your Stang. Simply, I think it would look better (in my sole opinion) if you had everything but the low skirts and chin spoiler.

But hey, it is YOUR car. Not mine.

I am still waiting for my car to be delivered from Dearborn. And when I get thru modding it, I will let y'all rate it.

Glenn, you showing off my car again for me?

You know it buddy!

Thanks fellas for all the props, I think kool said top 5, I don't know about that, but I sure am proud to own her when the reactions are so positive.

The photos don't do the car justice, but I will tell you this if you are lucky enough to see Erin's car in person, and the way he drives it, it would be in the top 5 period! It is in my book and I have seen alot!

226 your entitled to your opinion, that's what modding is all about. What I like doesn't appeal to every person out there.

On the flip side of the coin though, the car draws crowds. I've met numerous people I normally would not have ever associated with, because of this car. Get asked to allow picture taking..

The side exhaust and skirts are my favorite part of the car.. The sound produced by my exhaust set up is super sweet. And when your doing a heater it throws the tire smoke sidewayz like a fighter jet. As Glenn mentioned I built this car to be driven.

http://media.putfile.com/Heater-CMC-07

Now for another hood pin question: who would you guys recommend for installing them? I don't have the necessary tools to do it. I tried calling a few places like the local Ford dealer body shop but the only place that said they do that kind of thing I've heard doesn't do good work.

Certainly not rice to add hood pins. I spend a lot of time at the drag strip and have usually installed them on my cars, even my 2003 Mach 1. Didn't do it to look cool, did it to stay safe. I've seen hoods come up on the street and at the track - either way, bad consequences that I never want to experience first hand.

I haven't installed pins in my 07 yet. When I do, I'll likely have them powder coated body color or flat black so they don't stand out on my sleeper GT.

Power,

If you have a drill and can afford to spend a few dollars on a 3/4 hole saw, you can do this yourself.

If your just not willing to be the guy that puts two holes in your hood, I understand. Glenn had to go stand at the end of my driveway when I piloted the forst hole on his hood. He wanted nothing to do with it. I think he came away knowing that if you take your time it's a simple job, just takes healthy set of nuts to drill your own car.

There's plenty of how to information floating the net as well. Maybe read through a few of the articles and make a decision from there?

Thanks Emay and kooldawd. I'll look around for info on how to do it. I trust myself more than any shop I've found so far. As long as I can find some good directions it'll still make me cringe a little but I'll be able to do it.

Power,

There's a bunch of location for you to do it, my main suggestion is that you place painter tape over the area your drill into after you mark your hole locations. I'll see if I can track down a how to for you. Ease the mind a bit..

226 your entitled to your opinion, that's what modding is all about. What I like doesn't appeal to every person out there.

On the flip side of the coin though, the car draws crowds. I've met numerous people I normally would not have ever associated with, because of this car. Get asked to allow picture taking..

The side exhaust and skirts are my favorite part of the car.. The sound produced by my exhaust set up is super sweet. And when your doing a heater it throws the tire smoke sidewayz like a fighter jet. As Glenn mentioned I built this car to be driven.

http://media.putfile.com/Heater-CMC-07

You are exactly right Emay... and I am certain that most people love your Stang. It IS a sweet ride, there's no doubt about it.

Don't know why I gave my opinion... just felt like I wanted to say something.

I'm excited to finally get my stang and let you all rate it.