Hooker Long Tubes

I know the Long Tube discussion has been beat to death, but does anybody have the Hookers? How do you like them? Were they easy to install? How is the quality? I will definitely be getting them coated and will most likely be doing the install with a few buddies. How do they sound? I plan on getting an Off-Road H-pipe and Violator or SLP LM axle backs (I like loud, so it isn't a problem).

One question though...how do X-pipes sound? I've heard they sound ricey...:shrug:

Thanks for any input :SNSign: :D

• Sponsors (?)

I am planning on the same setup as you describe but maybe with Borlas or something a little less aggressive than the LM pipes. I say this because i think it will be a bit too much with headers, x, and LMs. So far all i have done is bend some aluminum and lose the factory mufflers for a major sound increase (along with drone and a kind of trailer park 4x4 twang) as well as 1MPG and a small but noticeable increase in wind up. Check out this vid of a Stang with JBA LTs and Bassani O/R X. I think it sounds wonderful but would have to hear it in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ISeuli-Two

how long will the finish last on the headers? i had some BBK's on my 96 and that was not the greatest finish after one season of winter... yes i do drive it in the snow unfortunatly. does BBK offer headers for the s197's yet?

what does everyone recomend as far as fit and finish and tune?