Horsepower TV is building up a 347CI engine for a stang

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by pwcracer, Apr 16, 2005.

1. pwcracer

Founding Member

I am always tivo'ing that show, they work on stangs a lot. They just put a vortech SC on a fox stang about a week ago. This engine they are building now is awesome.

2. final5-0

final5-0 Mustang Master

Two things are gonna happen

1 They will spend a TON of money

2 The results will be less than desirable

How many times have you seen them spend an unbelievable amount of money for a project and get all excited about a very small gain.

Later
    Grady

3. zenboy99

Founding Member

There was an old show were they modded a 94 GT, and I remember that they did everything so assbackwards with the car that a huge thread started on here and a bunch of people wrote letters in to the show.

4. SWYZ721

SWYZ721 Member

since you are tivo'ing it, do you mind posting it for us? Or is there a good website where I could find the listing for the show?

5. stevinwayne

stevinwayne New Member

i hate watching that show just because of their ignorance... those guys are actors, not mechanics... at least get someone in there that knows what they are doing. :notnice:

6. '94ChickStang

'94ChickStang Member

that motor is for a truck on the 4x4 show after it, but those 2 foxes are pretty sweet

7. Mustangless

Mustangless New Member

hey, I like them better than the guy on trucks :notnice: still you are right

8. Numbles

Numbles Active Member

I think I remember them dynoing that engine. Something like 375 at the crank. Seems to me a well put together stock block with h/c/i can do that. They definately wast money. I cant watch that show anymore.

9. 95riosnake

95riosnake Member

Are you talking about the episode where they start it by showing a black fox, and a 93 R? If anyone noticed, he was talking about the 93 R and said they made 109...dumbass. It was 107, I've read from many sources it was 107, I somehow doubt his fat ass knows something that Mustang mags don't.

I find the show entertaining, but yea, they somehow find the most expensive way to the least gains that I've ever heard of. I love when they get done dyno'ing and theyre like "...yea that's a gain of about 25 hp and 10 ft/lbs, and it only set us back about $2,500, (insert bad joke/pun or GM guy vs. ford guy sh** talking here)"