how about putting one of these bad boys in a fox?

boss302restopics015.jpg

boss302restopics013.jpg

boss302restopics016.jpg

boss302restopics010.jpg

lets see which one of you ford gurus here can name the motor.

ps i just pulled it out of a classic mustang today

Attachments

• boss302restopics015.jpg
    boss302restopics015.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 71
  • boss302restopics013.jpg
    boss302restopics013.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 59
  • boss302restopics016.jpg
    boss302restopics016.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 69
  • boss302restopics010.jpg
    boss302restopics010.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Sponsors (?)

before you go too crazy... be sure to have the block checked out for cracks FIRST. These blocks are notorious for cracking with their screw in freeze plugs and all. Nice find!! Perhaps its worth its weight in gold, and you can recoupe the cash for a new and improved boss block? either way- its a good start!

Huh. I've been active in this hobby since 1977 and I've never heard that. Piston skirt problems on the 69's, yes. Cracks? Where'd you get that info?

I bought a '69 Boss block about a year ago that was full of cracks. The guy told me it was just recently magged and it was good, but I took it straight to the machine shop and every cylinder had multiple cracks, real main seal area was cracked bad and it had several other random cracks.

However, I've never heard anything about these blocks being notorious for cracking, I think this one just had the living crap beat of it.

If thats a real Boss 302, I hope you have a nice budget for a sensible restoration. Cutting corners on a car like that will only drive down its worth. Nice I wish I had one.

yeah its a real deal 70 boss 302, i havent touched it all this time cuz i never had the time or the money to really do it right. But i just got back from a 15 month deployment where all i did was save money so now i have the cash to do it. The car is in disassembly phase right now, it goes to the sheet metal guy in about 2 weeks. I have been stock piling parts for this thing for years and finally all i need to do is the metal work and reassemble it. Its not gonna be concours quality it WILL be a rust free well done driver. The only deviation from stock will be a better ignition a hotter cam, headers and a better more modern carb, and a killer set of 17 inch torque thrust IIs.

Pretty sweet but if i had the money i'd try to build a replica out of an aftermarket Boss block and throw some newer aftermarket Cleveland heads on it, sort of a new-age Boss 302. I wouldn't risk blowing up a classic like that in my coupe.